• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I have an old sub and amp that I want to try and hook up to a regular boombox. Can this be done? I know i need something that would allow me to plug in my amp (which is built to take in about 12V) to a wall (which gives out 120V). What can let me do this? Also, where would I send the RCA cords from the amp? The CD/Stereo only has the four outputs for the two speakers. Also, where would the signal wire go (I don' t really know the name of the wire but I think it is usually a thin blue wire)? I'm sure if it can be done someone has already done it so can that person or persons help me. Thanks

The only thing you need to use an amp in the house is a 12 v power supply. It just plugs right in tho the wall and wire's as usual the blue wire (remote turn on) will connect to the power side of the power supply and will just shut down when you unplug it or turn it off, you can get a power supply at radio shack. Just be sure it has the right amount of amperage to support your amp an average amp would require 30 or so amps to be safe. Hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.