Amp and battery help plssss!!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Alex Leslie

CarAudio.com Recruit
Im replacing my current setup and I’m getting 2 sundown audio sa V2 15” that run 1000 watts a piece and another battery(agm) separate from my current stock battery to run with the setup and a big 3. Wondering if the jp 2300 watt amp is gonna be good enough for the setup cause I’m not trying to spend too much on the amp but I want a quality and one with enough power to power my subs, and I’m wondering which battery I should get to power that besides my already stock under my hood. Anything will help!

You probably won't want to mention JP around here. Everybody on here thinks that he's a pedophile. Take a look at the Sundown SIA3500. Your electrical might be an issue though. Are you running a stock alternator? How big is it?

Oh for sure lol yea I looked at that but I’m going with a ported box and that amp has no subsonic filter, I’ve got a stock alternator I’m pretty positive it’s a 130 amp so not that good but for now I was gonna see how it went and if I got any major volt drop I was gonna replace it. I was also looking at the skarr rp and skv2 3500 watt amps, I was gonna do the big 3 and run 1/0 gauge pretty much everywhere. And add a separate battery in the back with my already stock.

Oh for sure lol yea I looked at that but I’m going with a ported box and that amp has no subsonic filter, I’ve got a stock alternator I’m pretty positive it’s a 130 amp so not that good but for now I was gonna see how it went and if I got any major volt drop I was gonna replace it. I was also looking at the skarr rp and skv2 3500 watt amps, I was gonna do the big 3 and run 1/0 gauge pretty much everywhere. And add a separate battery in the back with my already stock.

I would suggest one bank of lithium and ditch the second AGM.

I agree with Bobby. Looking at back at the first time I bought an AGM (100ah North Star). To power a Taramps 2000x4, 1200x4, & 3000x1 it was fine but the AGM was almost $400, for another $1-200 could’ve bought a limitless lithium instead and save on the weight and get more power. If you plan on getting that 3500 or a 3K in general, I’d say go with a small lithium too. Less weight, more power, very minimal price difference, & may leave you with a little extra room to add on more in the future just in case

I agree with Bobby. Looking at back at the first time I bought an AGM (100ah North Star). To power a Taramps 2000x4, 1200x4, & 3000x1 it was fine but the AGM was almost $400, for another $1-200 could’ve bought a limitless lithium instead and save on the weight and get more power. If you plan on getting that 3500 or a 3K in general, I’d say go with a small lithium too. Less weight, more power, very minimal price difference, & may leave you with a little extra room to add on more in the future just in case

I've got a 3K amp pushing 4- 8's with the big 3, AGM, and a 320 amp mechman alternator. I still drop into the low 11's with my truck on and idling. I should've just went with a bank of lithium for $350. My new Bug build (3K in 2- 8's) will be lithium from the get go, screw those AGM's. Op, learn from us.

I've got a 3K amp pushing 4- 8's with the big 3, AGM, and a 320 amp mechman alternator. I still drop into the low 11's with my truck on and idling. I should've just went with a bank of lithium for $350. My new Bug build (3K in 2- 8's) will be lithium from the get go, screw those AGM's. Op, learn from us.
I thought you went with lithium for that build?? But damn that’s tough lol it’s been 2 months and I’m still waiting for my XS 80AH LTO Battery from DroppinHZ lmao waiting to get my dispute letter in the mail to (hopefully)get my money back from those idiots.

I thought you went with lithium for that build?? But damn that’s tough lol it’s been 2 months and I’m still waiting for my XS 80AH LTO Battery from DroppinHZ lmao waiting to get my dispute letter in the mail to (hopefully)get my money back from those idiots.

It does good numbers, but I thought that big 3, AGM, and a 320 would be enough for 3K, it isn't. I can be two minutes into the first song and be in the low 11's. It's a brand new AGM as well. Take notes OP. It takes power to make power.

Preciate the feedback yea I’ll probably go with a lithium and see how that goes. Should I keep my stock battery under my hood and run a lithium to to the back of my car or get rid of my stock battery and go with straight lithium?

Preciate the feedback yea I’ll probably go with a lithium and see how that goes. Should I keep my stock battery under my hood and run a lithium to to the back of my car or get rid of my stock battery and go with straight lithium?
I think some of Limitless Lithium’s are compatible with AGMs. I’d go that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...