Am I safe?

adding a cap will not "hinder" your system. If it's there, leave it, it won't do anything but help...?

There is also nothing wrong with 2gauge wire, honestly and realistically it will suffice.

If you were to run a 1/0 into a distro, just make it 4g on the other end. No reason to do 1/0 into 2g.

Bigger can be better, but not always necessary. 1/0 wire is a ca.com boner.

I was running around 1000rms on a 65 amp alt, and a small 425CCA battery. 4 gauge wire, Big 3 in 1/0, and was not seeing voltage drops too bad, and the lights barely dimmed.

You should be fine.

If you are going to upgrade your front stage only I would not wire up the factory amp remote turn on so you will not have rear speakers anymore. The reason being that when you get up on the volume you are going to cause the rear speakers to distort, pluss you wabt all your sound to be up front.

adding a cap will not "hinder" your system. If it's there, leave it, it won't do anything but help...?There is also nothing wrong with 2gauge wire, honestly and realistically it will suffice.

If you were to run a 1/0 into a distro, just make it 4g on the other end. No reason to do 1/0 into 2g.

Bigger can be better, but not always necessary. 1/0 wire is a ca.com boner.
Listen to him if you plan to never upgrade your system. I did mine in 1/0 and 4 gauge to my amps for my highs because I know that with any system I put in my car, I won't have to run out and buy wire. But if you can get the 2 gauge for a decent price, by all means do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.