Am I In The Wrong?

BSchrowang

Budget Builder
Okay its kinda a long story but here goes.

So one of my friends got 2 geo trackers from a guy he knows. My friend got both of them for free as long as he gave the tires back that were on one. To get these from the guys house, my friend had to borrow my 20ft car trailer. And me and my brother went with to help him load them (neither would run). So we took them our schools shop and me and my friend worked the one he was keeping for himself. So i helped him drop the transmission, replaced the clutch and the throw out bearing, changed all fluids in the diff, the trans and the engine, then we replaced the fuel line in the back from the tank. We got his running and driving but it still needed gas so we took it to bp (on my car trailer again) and i put $10 in for him. So then we took it back to his house (still on my trailer) . We had agreed for him to sell me the other one (non running) for a price of $250 and a brand new lawn mower engine that i had. So we took it to my house until i could get the money together ( i had just spent my money on a new intake manifold for my car because the old one blew). So while it was at my house i bought a new fuel pump, new clutch cable and new shocks and put in lots of time to get it running. Once we got it running, he backed out of the deal we agreed on and demanded $400 cash. So i tried to counter at 300. He wouldnt budge. But then a few days later my head gaskets blew and i had to spend over $800 to fix my only car. He didnt care. I just got my car together and then a few days later he demanded $400 or he was going to take it back the next day. I told him that i was broke and if he wanted it then he could have it but he could pay me back for some of the parts i put on it. He was being a douche and wouldnt pay me a cent. So i disconnected power to the fuel pump and took the shocks off and then dropped it off in his front yard and left. The he showed up later that night all pissed off because we left it at his house. So i handed him the shocks and said get off of my property.

I just want to know if i am in the wrong here? I had every intention of paying him. About a week ago i offered him $300 cash because that all i had. He wont take it because he says he had to buy tires. But we would have had to buy rims and tires too and he got both geos for FREE! But the geo did sit at my house for a little over a month. But he used my car trailer 3 times, i helped him alot to get them moved around and to get his working ( he helped me none on mine) and he ended up with over $150 in free parts and i spent a little under $1000 to get my only car running. And he came and bitched at me for bringing it to his house.

So am i in the wrong here? Or was he being unreasonable?

I probably would have called the police. I know if someone leaves an item at my house in Georgia, if they don't come get it in a month, it's yours.

I probably would have called the police. I know if someone leaves an item at my house in Georgia, if they don't come get it in a month, it's yours.
I have heard that before. I didnt think it was law, I thought it was more of a moral thing.

But i have another comment. He got them from a guy named joe. He has titles for both of them. But the titles are still in joe's name so technically, isnt he trying to sell me someone else's property? Because according to the state they are registered to joe, and my friend has no bill of sale to prove that joe gave him ownership of them. So legally he couldnt sell me it anyway because they are not his to sell?

i would have not taken it back until he paid you what you put into it.

what a dic head.

but you should have gotten the agreement in righting.

and i would have never put money into it until you paid, and title in your hand.

and i dont care if it was a good friend or not. sorry thats how i am.

i would have never put money into it until you paid, and title in your hand.and i dont care if it was a good friend or not. sorry thats how i am.
I understand that. But i threw some parts at it because i didnt know if it was going to be an easy fix. So i had to get the fuel pump to make sure the engine was good and the clutch cable to make sure the trans worked. And the rear shocks blew out so they needed replaced anyway

Okay its kinda a long story but here goes.
So one of my friends got 2 geo trackers from a guy he knows. My friend got both of them for free as long as he gave the tires back that were on one. To get these from the guys house, my friend had to borrow my 20ft car trailer. And me and my brother went with to help him load them (neither would run). So we took them our schools shop and me and my friend worked the one he was keeping for himself. So i helped him drop the transmission, replaced the clutch and the throw out bearing, changed all fluids in the diff, the trans and the engine, then we replaced the fuel line in the back from the tank. We got his running and driving but it still needed gas so we took it to bp (on my car trailer again) and i put $10 in for him. So then we took it back to his house (still on my trailer) . We had agreed for him to sell me the other one (non running) for a price of $250 and a brand new lawn mower engine that i had. So we took it to my house until i could get the money together ( i had just spent my money on a new intake manifold for my car because the old one blew). So while it was at my house i bought a new fuel pump, new clutch cable and new shocks and put in lots of time to get it running. Once we got it running, he backed out of the deal we agreed on and demanded $400 cash. So i tried to counter at 300. He wouldnt budge. But then a few days later my head gaskets blew and i had to spend over $800 to fix my only car. He didnt care. I just got my car together and then a few days later he demanded $400 or he was going to take it back the next day. I told him that i was broke and if he wanted it then he could have it but he could pay me back for some of the parts i put on it. He was being a douche and wouldnt pay me a cent. So i disconnected power to the fuel pump and took the shocks off and then dropped it off in his front yard and left. The he showed up later that night all pissed off because we left it at his house. So i handed him the shocks and said get off of my property.

I just want to know if i am in the wrong here? I had every intention of paying him. About a week ago i offered him $300 cash because that all i had. He wont take it because he says he had to buy tires. But we would have had to buy rims and tires too and he got both geos for FREE! But the geo did sit at my house for a little over a month. But he used my car trailer 3 times, i helped him alot to get them moved around and to get his working ( he helped me none on mine) and he ended up with over $150 in free parts and i spent a little under $1000 to get my only car running. And he came and bitched at me for bringing it to his house.

So am i in the wrong here? Or was he being unreasonable?
beat his ***. plain and simple..

Trust me. I wish that were an option. But he has like 6" on me and 80lbs of muscle. If he was my size I probably would have
********, im 5'6 200 i dont care if they 6'6" solo plex and behind the ear. if you have to sweep kick. or kick him in the ******* knee. poke his ******* eye really hard.. grab and single finger and break it. i had a guy push me one day. much bigger than me. i told him push me again. when he did i went for control to the wrist but grabbed a singe finger twisted and pushed up. he literately cried and apologized. i grew up in a bad place and learn how over many years of fighting as a kid and training.. attack be aggressive.. lol. i know its bad advice but the only way to stop people from doing **** like this to you is simply show them your not going to go for that ****. serious make a fist point your thumb out and hit him directly under the sternum. he will A bend over gasping for air or drop to the ground gasping for air.. go for the eyes next then break a finger or two. hes going to give you the tracker..

********, im 5'6 200 i dont care if they 6'6" solo plex and behind the ear. if you have to sweep kick. or kick him in the ******* knee. poke his ******* eye really hard.. grab and single finger and break it. i had a guy push me one day. much bigger than me. i told him push me again. when he did i went for control to the wrist but grabbed a singe finger twisted and pushed up. he literately cried and apologized. i grew up in a bad place and learn how over many years of fighting as a kid and training.. attack be aggressive.. lol. i know its bad advice but the only way to stop people from doing **** like this to you is simply show them your not going to go for that ****. serious make a fist point your thumb out and hit him directly under the sternum. he will A bend over gasping for air or drop to the ground gasping for air.. go for the eyes next then break a finger or two. hes going to give you the tracker..
yeah thats great and all trying to make yourself look tough and whatnot but the point is he's trying to be a man here not a kid who never grew out of fighting and who thinks throwing punches will solve anything

OP you got f'ed, lose contact with the guy and move on. you'll just end up with more problems trying to get your money back. **** sucks sounds like you did a lot for him, and he basically took advantage of that. all id recommend is to learn your lesson about helping people without things in writing AND setting up the deal so its impossible for him to screw you (i.e. not working on it, or accepting a deal, until the title is in your name)

Well that's definitely good advice. I mean im definitely not a wuss. Ive taken down 4 year wrestlers pretty easy. But im not worried about the geo. i was just more concerned if i was wrong about feeling like he was over reactting hardcore. I just know that the geo is going to sit in his yard and rot like everything else that he has there. And i would rather not beat him because he lives like a mile from me and our families have been friends for a long time. And they are the kind of people that would press charges if i did anything.

Well that's definitely good advice. I mean im definitely not a wuss. Ive taken down 4 year wrestlers pretty easy. But im not worried about the geo. i was just more concerned if i was wrong about feeling like he was over reactting hardcore. I just know that the geo is going to sit in his yard and rot like everything else that he has there. And i would rather not beat him because he lives like a mile from me and our families have been friends for a long time. And they are the kind of people that would press charges if i did anything.
sometimes you just have to say no if things dont make sense. there's been many times ive simply shied away from things like you're talking about unless the person was clearly willing to have the deal be official. ive had friends i thought i could trust do the exact same thing you're dealing with and its really never going to end, we shouldnt have to take things into our own hands to protect ourselves but we do and thats just the life of being a helpful person

maintaining our dignity does feel a lot better than stooping to the level of people like that though. who knows, maybe the guy will come to his senses and make it right, ive had that happen, but dont hold your breath

who knows, maybe the guy will come to his senses and make it right, ive had that happen, but dont hold your breath
Well its a very slim chance tho. He has a huge ego. Sometimes he can be a good person, but his ego gets him because if something doesnt happen the way he wants, then he is going to pi$$ and mo-an. Im not holding my breath on it. At this point i don't really even want it. Thats all money i could put in the sound system.

Well its a very slim chance tho. He has a huge ego. Sometimes he can be a good person, but his ego gets him because if something doesnt happen the way he wants, then he is going to pi$$ and mo-an. Im not holding my breath on it. At this point i don't really even want it. Thats all money i could put in the sound system.
in that case just refer to where i said to just consider how much more trouble itll be to attempt to get it back rather than just walking away. people like that may seem reasonable but when it comes to things that end up giving them an advantage they feel entitled to it. thats just how egos work

i might bother him to get my money back for the parts, because he absolutely owes you that, especially after you helped him so much getting the stuff to his house, but after that i wouldnt mess with him ever again because ill bet you money right now itll just happen again

call him out, ask him if he was just being friendly to use you for your trailer and work on the vehicle, and thats all he ever hits you up for. had someone do that to me recently and it hurt his ego badly when i called him out like that he immediately called me and tried to make things right lol then he went back to being the way he was before

yeah thats great and all trying to make yourself look tough and whatnot but the point is he's trying to be a man here not a kid who never grew out of fighting and who thinks throwing punches will solve anything
OP you got f'ed, lose contact with the guy and move on. you'll just end up with more problems trying to get your money back. **** sucks sounds like you did a lot for him, and he basically took advantage of that. all id recommend is to learn your lesson about helping people without things in writing AND setting up the deal so its impossible for him to screw you (i.e. not working on it, or accepting a deal, until the title is in your name)
Trust me an *** whipping solves alot. You ever do anything wrong and get your *** kicked?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.