Am I going to pay $100 for this?

Is there 45s and a double baffle? Any raised lettering?
I think shipping would be more then the box haha
No nothing special, just a regular sealed box. I though I was crazy for thinking this was high. Bad thing about is this price was for a box pick up from a member on another forum and the other price was from a local shop. I wish I had the tools to make it myself.

If it was a local purchase on a used box I would say $35 or less. If your having one built, then $100 shipped is not horrible (as long as they are not shipping from cali to you...haha), but it better have some extras to go along with it.

If it was a local purchase on a used box I would say $35 or less. If your having one built, then $100 shipped is not horrible (as long as they are not shipping from cali to you...haha), but it better have some extras to go along with it.
Neither box was being shipped. The one that was being built by another forum member that price was picked up in GA 1hr 30min away. The other box quote was from a shop up the street. He originally said $125.

i wouldn't think $100 picked up is fair for a basic no option enclosure. Better of with shipping paying shipping and getting more features for around the same price.

If its sealed figure out your air space and get one on eBay. You can get one for like $3-$40 shipped and just grab a $3 tube of silicone and seal it up to make sure there arent any leaks.

Based on the dimensions he gave I don't think a regular prefab will work... it probably needs to be custom to fit where he needs it...

$100 from a shop sounds about right to me for a carpeted box with a decent terminal cup.. but if some guy was building me one in his garage I'd probably only pay $75..

Based on the dimensions he gave I don't think a regular prefab will work... it probably needs to be custom to fit where he needs it...

$100 from a shop sounds about right to me for a carpeted box with a decent terminal cup.. but if some guy was building me one in his garage I'd probably only pay $75..
Ok cool. So $100 it is. Thanks. Just didn't want to overpay.

wood is wood. if properly built why would it matter where it came from?

yep, and wood is wood no matter who builds it.
Are you illiterate or just stupid as fuck? That statement doesnt even make sense as a reply to what Haunz said. He was saying it would be hard to find a prefabricated enclosure with the dimensions the OP posted... whats that got to do with "wood is wood". That's an ignorant statement in itself, but totally out of context in your reply anyway.

yep, and wood is wood no matter who builds it.
Are you illiterate or just stupid as fuck? That statement doesnt even make sense as a reply to Haunz post. He was stating that it would be hard to find a prefabricated enclosure to the exact dimensions the original poster wants, therefor he most likely needed a custom enclosure built. And "wood is wood" is an ignorant statement in itself..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.