Am I getting a fair deal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pauli18c

Chicago
Ok so right now currently I have 2 sets of Zapco RH 13.2 reference components 5.25"

Amp is an Alpine PDX-F6.

Also have 2 Image Dynamic IDQ-10s running off a Memphis PR1000.1 @ 1ohm

One of the zapco speakers got fried due to water getting past the door seal in my truck, so I now only have 3 working speakers.

So here is the trade:

I Receive: $330 plus a pair of Zapco I-force i-6.2 components.

He receives: all 3 working speakers, tweets, and crossovers, plus the one blown speaker.

I was planning on then purchasing a set of Image Dynamics CXS64 v.2 for $379 from Sonic Electronix and using the Zapco I-Forces he is giving me as rear fill.

Are these Image Dynamics going to compare to the Zapcos? Or is there another set I should be looking at in the ~$375 range. I honestly would like a speaker with a little more bass (sounds like from reviews the IDs should), but the Zapcos I have now get LOUD which is good to keep up with the subs.

Thanks,

Chris

Bass response in the doors is from a combination if the right Mids/mid bass speakers and properly treated doors. Which sound like either one or both of those are sufficient for what you want. You could just replace the Mids. With some that produce more bass. Then deaden the doors plus dealt the front of the Mids to the door panels

Sorry, forgot to mention. The doors I have put Second Skin audio Damplifier pro, Overkill pro, and speaker tweaker kits.

I just dont want to feel like I'm down grading going from the Zapco RH 13.2's to the Image Dynamics up front. My thought was that I would gain some bass response going with the 6.5" ID mid over the 5.25" Zapcos I have now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.