6.5 Components For Small Space

Is there a mounting depth restriction or any other kind of installation restriction? What's your budget and goal? Will you be running these off an amp? If so, do you have one already?

4" Depth, I'm worried that the HAT's are made for IB, and will sound like *** in those sealed Pods. I thought about just cutting off the back of the Pods, lol

I'm not against selling the HAT's, if I can get something equivalent to work in those sealed Pods

This is my system I'm transferring to the new Jeep:

HU-JVC KD-A95BT

Fronts-HAT Imagines 6.5

Front Amp-SS Stealth 2.560 150x2

Sub-2 SA 12D2

Sub Amp-Alpine MRX-M110 1100x1@ 2 OHMS split between subs

Big 3 Upgrade

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how that will sound. I have heard the Imagines are run better in coaxial fashion rather than component. I say you just try them out in those sealed pods and see how it sounds. If you don't like, we can revisit this thread, unless you're 100% set on upgrading them now.

Budget/goals? I think in most cases you can purchase good components for $300 or less and be very satisfied with them. Above that, I think you have to be very particular about music reproduction where you can tell how true a performance is in your vehicle. There are many reasonable options that are loud, clear, and will last for $300 or less. Let us know the budget and we'll go from there.

Budget/goals? I think in most cases you can purchase good components for $300 or less and be very satisfied with them. Above that, I think you have to be very particular about music reproduction where you can tell how true a performance is in your vehicle. There are many reasonable options that are loud, clear, and will last for $300 or less. Let us know the budget and we'll go from there.

350.00 or less

Here are some options:

Rainbow DL-C6.2 2-Wege 16,5cm Lautsprecher Kompo System - 2 Wege Compo Systeme - Lautsprecher 16,5 cm - Lautsprecher

Eton POW 172 Compression 2-Wege System POW172 - 2 Wege Compo Systeme - Lautsprecher 16,5 cm - Lautsprecher

Audio System X--ion 165 165 mm, 2-Wege Composystem Xion 165 - 2 Wege Compo Systeme - Lautsprecher 16,5 cm - Lautsprecher

Gladen SQX 165 16,5 cm / 6,5" Sound-Quality 2-Wege Komponenten Lautsprechersystem mit X-Faktor - 2 Wege Compo Systeme - Lautsprecher 16,5 cm - Lautsprecher

I like recommending European stuff because it is quality and it adds a bit of diversity to the forum. Audio system and Gladen are both owned by the same people. I own a set of Gladen comps, they're great. Though mostly not reviewed on US forums, the above speakers are highly regarded in European forums. Hard to find because a lot of the reviews are not in English. Most people don't get them because of shipping costs and warranty would be hard if needed to ship back. Price wise, these are great and I wouldn't expect them to break if installed properly. This place is in Germany is an authorized dealer for quite a few well known Europen brands such as ground zero, gladen, mosconi, audio system, rainbow, etc. If you're looking for something that's easily obtainable from ebay or amazon, look at polk db, alpine type R, and there also image dynamics comps that are liked on here at a good price. I personally like having something that's not common and be able to compare it to comps that are readily available. If you do want to go the Europan route, their website is also extremeaudio.de and can be reached at kontakt@extremeaudio.de

Aside from that, there are a few supporting vendors on here that can offer you good pricing for some comps that are readily available in the states.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.