Am I Being Retarded?

vettelovr1124
10+ year member

Livin' Life
Right now I'm installing a small sub into my '01 Lincoln LS, and since I didn't want to mess with the head unit or cd changer, I decided to tap into a fuse and use a LOC for the RCA's. Although LOC's are usually assigned to the back speakers, I'm thinking of putting assigned to the front-middle 3.5" speakers (I'll sacrifice the ghettoness for the ease of installation). Is this at all feasible, or am I just retarded? Can the LOC only be connected to back speakers? I don't normally mess with those converters, so I have no idea.

im just gonna say yes... u are being retareded cuz i didnt really get anything out of that i am pretty **** confused... so what is it ure doing?
LOC = Low output converter (aka Hi input/low output converter/connector)

They do exactly what they say...turn hi input into a low output (higher resistance) so that speaker power can be converted to rca output.

I've only seen them done on back speakers (what little I've seen of them), but I'm having it connect to the front speakers (ease of installation). I'm thinking there won't be a difference except for the sub getting louder when I fade to the front, but I don't know if I'm wrong since I don't mess around with these things often.

Followup:

Well, it turns out that I am, in fact, retahded (note the Boston accent...just cause I feel like it). I wired it to my front middle speakers, and it turns out those two only get the higher frequencies from the equilizer in the stock cd player. Somehow, I can't disable this equilizer, so I'm stuck with a b*tch of an install. If any of you guys somehow know how to turn this equilizer off, do tell. Your reward? Umm...me love you long time.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Followup:
Well, it turns out that I am, in fact, retahded (note the Boston accent...just cause I feel like it). I wired it to my front middle speakers, and it turns out those two only get the higher frequencies from the equilizer in the stock cd player. Somehow, I can't disable this equilizer, so I'm stuck with a b*tch of an install. If any of you guys somehow know how to turn this equilizer off, do tell. Your reward? Umm...me love you long time.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
If we help you figure it out will you promise NOT to make us collect the reward?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
But on the other hand....it doesn't matter 'cause I wouldn't have a clue how to disable the EQ in a OEM Lincoln stereo if it is even possible to begin with.

If we help you figure it out will you promise NOT to make us collect the reward?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
But on the other hand....it doesn't matter 'cause I wouldn't have a clue how to disable the EQ in a OEM Lincoln stereo if it is even possible to begin with.
Ok, ok...the loving is optional.

LOC = Low output converter (aka Hi input/low output converter/connector)
They do exactly what they say...turn hi input into a low output (higher resistance) so that speaker power can be converted to rca output.

I've only seen them done on back speakers (what little I've seen of them), but I'm having it connect to the front speakers (ease of installation). I'm thinking there won't be a difference except for the sub getting louder when I fade to the front, but I don't know if I'm wrong since I don't mess around with these things often.
you're retarded.

it stands for line out[put] converter.

you're retarded.
it stands for line out[put] converter.
I've heard both.

yes your being retarted dont tap in to a fuse.
I'm lazy, and I don't want to do a switch, as I am prone to forget turning things off...and keeping the remote on for weeks at a time would not be good.

At least the line is fused.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.