Alternator Help

not that difficult if you know how to work under the hood. Personally I dont know crap about it, but my friends can swap alternators like its nothin...

yeah but dont u drive an american car............ do u have any friend with a honda cause acura and honda are the same company and it would be greatly apreicated if u could post instrusstions

I know that Acura and Honda are the same thing. I used to have a little mazda that we took out on the dirt and they have messed with that. But I can prolly get some info for ya cause my boys own a performance shop (rice factory) around town...ill see what I can do...

hey brock...u got aol IM?? I got a few questions to ask you....

Here's one of them....i got quoted $1100 for a new 200 amp alternator for my intrepid:eek: ......

This quoate seems extremely high......know of any sites where i can get a cheaper price....and yes its for my intrepid SXT 2002....pics coming soon...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Originally posted by nln327 hey brock...u got aol IM?? I got a few questions to ask you....

Here's one of them....i got quoted $1100 for a new 200 amp alternator for my intrepid:eek: ......

This quoate seems extremely high......know of any sites where i can get a cheaper price....and yes its for my intrepid SXT 2002....pics coming soon...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Hey dood, im a professional auto mechanic by day and let me say that while 1100 for a new alternator may sound amazingly GLARINGLY expensive, keep in mind its a 200 AMP ALTERNATOR... hell, we put rebuilds in cars and most of the time they are stock 50-70 amp and then run US around 150-200 bucks....so you are in fact getting an amazing deal...a 200 amp alternator could easily run two batteries, possibly three (now THAT would be a big marine switch:))

Check out the Alternator/Battery forum on Termpro.com

There is a guy there named Dom that has an alternator business. He appears to have a great reputation. I'm probably going to order a 205 amp alt from him. Very resonable prices.

Originally posted by Rockman http://www.gostartech.com/

1100 is BS too much money. I got quoted 339 from gostartech for 160 amp alternator for my Solara. You know how hard it is to find HO alternators for a Toyota????
i must apologize, me thinking mainly about money i forgot :;slaps head:: you are gonna be installing it yourself....no labor charge.......something you have to understand tho, is that if you are putting a 200 amp alternator in a friggin HONDA, thats gonna require some serious custom work on an alternator casing (generally when you have one custom made they take a universal case wound as tight as possible so as to be small enough to fit.....but then they have to add the bracket on to it which can be costly depending on the amount of materials neccessary....in addition to this, you often have to send it away so you have to figure shipping and handling costs into the total bill.)

I wen to that site that u posed the quoted me a 150 amp alternator for 329+ shiping....... so of course i got it the closest i could get to that was 140 and i need the extra 10 amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.