Alternator Help please ASAP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

playa1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I bought a 180 amp alternator from iraggi, installed it saturday mourning. Went for a trip and my truck dies out on me totally. Next day i get out the voltmeter and the bettery isnt getting a charge from the alternator, upgraded the wiring to 0 guage and the fuse still in tact and factory wiriing still installed and still in tact. The battery read 12.35 when the truck is running, so my dad thinks the atlernator is bad out of box. Any suggestions? Im calling Dom today during lunch so any suggestions for now would help..

Thanks

Mike

I bought a 180 amp alternator from iraggi, installed it saturday mourning. Went for a trip and my truck dies out on me totally. Next day i get out the voltmeter and the bettery isnt getting a charge from the alternator, upgraded the wiring to 0 guage and the fuse still in tact and factory wiriing still installed and still in tact. The battery read 12.35 when the truck is running, so my dad thinks the atlernator is bad out of box. Any suggestions? Im calling Dom today during lunch so any suggestions for now would help..
Thanks

Mike
is this internally regulated or external ? adjustable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.