Alternator Broke?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Simek4life
10+ year member

Can You Hear Me Now?
I have a Mean Green alternator and think it's bad.

Symptom: I was driving today and my battery light randomly went on. I currently don't even have my system in my car, so I know that isn't a problem. I popped the hood and checked my batteries with the engine off (3 of them in parallel), they all read 12.5 ish. I then turned on my car, which barely started, checked them again and they are not charging (still read 12.5ish and were dropping).

Question: Is the alternator bad? Could it be a loose belt? What are some different ways to make sure it is the alternator and not anything else (other than running a voltage test)?

Notes: Yes, I have the big 3 upgrade- all Knuconceptz 0 gauge. Batteries: 2 Kinetic 2400's and 1 Kinteic 1800 (under the hood)

check the in-line fuse on your + big three run from the alt to the battery see if it blew, if you don't have one skip that and check for output from the + alt post and the engine block and see if it's charging maybe the wire has a bad connection? and if not then the alt has failed and needs to be serviced hopefully they do like the company I just dealt with for a friend they ship out the replacement alt with a return slip for the bad one! so your not waiting on repair time I thought that was pretty cool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.