Alternatives to cup terminals?

I don't want cup terminals. What options are there besides running the speaker wire straight out of the port? Is running wire out of the port a bad thing?
lol out of the port? That sounds like a hassle and alot of unnecessary length. If its a ported box just drill holes the size of your wire. It dosnt affect the sound, all of my ported boxes just have small holes my wires come threw. On sealed i wouldnt recommend it but ported no biggie

I use 1 1/2in long 10-24 bolts with wing nuts.

25270874059_large.jpg

lol out of the port? That sounds like a hassle and alot of unnecessary length. If its a ported box just drill holes the size of your wire. It dosnt affect the sound, all of my ported boxes just have small holes my wires come threw. On sealed i wouldnt recommend it but ported no biggie
Really? Just drill a tiny hole? I figured any openings that aren't the port shouldn't exist.

Off topic, but where do you guys order speaker wire from? I only have 14 and 16 gauge, need 10.

Really? Just drill a tiny hole? I figured any openings that aren't the port shouldn't exist.
naw dude compared to port opening its no a big deal at all. The bolt/wingnut route is also a good option

I ran 8g to my JBL sub and i drilled 2 holes for it. Even though 8g is rather large both of the holes didnt make any noise. After you run the wire threw not alot of air can come out it. It was on 800wrms for reference

You can get set screw ground lugs that will basically give You amp-like terminals with the bolt idea (instead of ring terminals). They sell them in the electrical section at most hardware stores. I have a pic on my home comp but I'm on my phone...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.