Alt

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alex Leslie

CarAudio.com Recruit
I’m having trouble finding a reliable high output alternator for my system. I have a 2006 Hyundai Azera. I took my old system out and am putting in 2 sundown u series 12’s, sundown sia 3500, big 3, xs power d3400. My stock alt is about 150 amps so I’m definitely gonna need a new one.. i haven’t dove very deep into alternators yet but have a general understanding, im not sure if I can modify one to fit, alts in a very low and tight hard to reach spot as it is. If anyone knows where I could possibly find one or get one built.

Have you already bought the battery?
If not you should look into a lithium
I think if you put a powerful enough one in you might be able to skip doing the alt
Probably end up being cheaper than the alt and the AGM too

Have you contacted any alternator companies or went to their website to see if they list an alternator for your vehicle?

A few off the top of my head.

DC Power
Singer
Mechman
CES
Brand X
Power Bastards
Excessive Amperage
Ohio Generator

Have you contacted any alternator companies or went to their website to see if they list an alternator for your vehicle?

DC Power
Singer
Mechman
CES
Brand X
Power Bastards
Excessive Amperage
Ohio Generator
I'm genuinely curious why you don't mention iraggi.

Pretty sure I have expressed my issues with Iraggi recently. But the name wasn't off the top of my head. Not a big fan of Brand X, CES, and Power Bastards but they were ones I could think of.
That's fair. My irragi is the first high output alternator I've owned, so i can't compare it to any others.

Have you already bought the battery?
If not you should look into a lithium
I think if you put a powerful enough one in you might be able to skip doing the alt
Probably end up being cheaper than the alt and the AGM too
Really? I wasn’t aware of that i planned on lithium at first I was gonna build a bank but then I thought oh wait I need a new alt too so that would be above my budget, but no haven’t got battery yet, but explain to me how I can bypass my alt with lots of ah of lithium?

DC Power
Singer
Mechman
CES
Brand X
Power Bastards
Excessive Amperage
Ohio Generator
Yes I’ve looked at many which is why it’s so difficult power bastards was one of the only sites that had a prebuilt alt at 220 amps plug in play which would be great but I’ve heard bad things ab powerbastards. I’ll check out some of the other brands you listed. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Alex Leslie

CarAudio.com Recruit
Alex Leslie
Lake Charles LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views