Alt whine / ground loop from hell...

HU also has its own ground under a screw that goes into the chassis under my center console, maybe i should relocate this so its grounded right at the batt?

If it is my HIDs causing the noise what should i try?

HU also has its own ground under a screw that goes into the chassis under my center console, maybe i should relocate this so its grounded right at the batt?

If it is my HIDs causing the noise what should i try?

alrght ill check that out, other than that im not sure what to do, maybe should i snag the optional "accessory harness" for the HIDs?

I know your gonna say I'm crazy but take the ground from your HU and ground it directly to your amp ground terminal. You can do this just by running a wire over seats or outside of car to test. I have eliminated many an alt whine by doing this.

I really rather not pull the hids. I don't really have the money at the moment to but a new pair. I don't know if they are the culprit as I don't have running lights and I get noise without them on.

I will run a wire to the trunk from the hu and try that as a test. So not the negative battery terminal but where I have my amp grounded instead?

Bump for any other suggestions. Supposed to be warm and sunny this weekend. Will probably have the car out an work on it then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dvrmstrng

5,000+ posts
dvrmstrng
DE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from