Alt???? Im Confused??? Help Please....

Lol, never heard this. Alt doesn't charge huh? Dude must have some magical battery that recharges itself when the car is turned off.

And how exactly do you "maintain" a battery without charging it anyway?

If an alternator didn't charge batteries back up every auto owner in the world would need to charge their battery from time to time because batteries don't have infinite power last I checked.

If a alternator was a charger it would be running all the time like a charger. Yes they do charge by default.
What the hell are you talking about..? Lol

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

If an alternator didn't charge batteries back up every auto owner in the world would need to charge their battery from time to time because batteries don't have infinite power last I checked.
THANK YOU, I didn't think it took that much common sense to understand that.. Lol

What the hell are you talking about..? Lol 

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

THANK YOU, I didn't think it took that much common sense to understand that.. Lol
They charge because of the current flowing over them. Yes they do charge them only if the current is available. The alts purpose is to run the car, the battery just happens to be there.

They charge because of the current flowing over them. Yes they do charge them only if the current is available. The alts purpose is to run the car, the battery just happens to be there.
Just happens to be there LOL Just admit your were wrong, it's all good...

The battery is there to START the vehicle and yes the alt then powers the car, but it also recharges the batt. Same with systems that draw current down below resting voltage, alt has to recharge the batts from that.

People here don't seem to understand electricity... Lol
Alternators do charge batteries. That's why it's called a CHARGING system. Trickle chargers just help to extend the battery life and give it a better more complete charge. Alternators are made for quick charging
Would a fully charged battery help your voltage levels in any way or is it just for battery health?

Just happens to be there LOL Just admit your were wrong, it's all good...
The battery is there to START the vehicle and yes the alt then powers the car, but it also recharges the batt. Same with systems that draw current down below resting voltage, alt has to recharge the batts from that.
The real answer is yes they do charge them but that's not its purpose. The alt does not have to recharge anything. Under resting voltage the battery becomes a load and it will draw what is needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.