alt fried?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Heh... I think your ignorance has misguided you. Where, in any of my posts, other than the one in which I quoted you, did I try to say some shit to you? Both of my posts were directed at the OP(just so we're clear, saturn95 started the thread -- not you).
I'm pretty sure I know which part you mistook for some kind of insult toward you, and I'm sorry for that. Your ape-like tendencies must make you do some pretty stupid things. The rhetorical comment was a direct response to the post I quoted, in which saturn95(again, he's the OP) said something along the lines of, "A dead battery could do this?" rather than taking the few minutes to do the test you spoke of, assuming he had access to someone with jumper cables or another car, etc., to start his car again.
ok... well if you can be a big enough man to make things clear and apologize, than so can i... i took your posts as being towards me, and not as towards the OP, which is why i posted what i did... and for that, i apologize. didnt mean to jump down your throat bro... just been alot of ass hats on here lately, that just want to be sarcastic pricks, instead of being useful, that i guess it's made me a lil jaded, i guess.

ok... well if you can be a big enough man to make things clear and apologize, than so can i... i took your posts as being towards me, and not as towards the OP, which is why i posted what i did... and for that, i apologize. didnt mean to jump down your throat bro... just been alot of ass hats on here lately, that just want to be sarcastic pricks, instead of being useful, that i guess it's made me a lil jaded, i guess.
That's understandable. Sorry about the monkey and stupidity comments; I was way out of line.

Want a banana?
banana.gif

Lulz... That one was a joke.

Honestly unless that ground cable came out and made contact with the 12V alternator lead, I don't see how it could have damaged anything. Being a ground wire means it's at the same potential as all that other metal it's surrounded by so bumping into any of that shouldn't do anything, your not even completing a circuit (the stock wiring completes the circuit already) so it shouldn't even arc.

Instead of all of us sitting around "brainstorming" why don't you just pull both the alt and the batt and take them to an auto shop for testing? I only glanced through the thread (mostly because of some stupid bickering) so if that was suggested already then your dumb for not doing it yet, lol

Honestly unless that ground cable came out and made contact with the 12V alternator lead, I don't see how it could have damaged anything. Being a ground wire means it's at the same potential as all that other metal it's surrounded by so bumping into any of that shouldn't do anything, your not even completing a circuit (the stock wiring completes the circuit already) so it shouldn't even arc.
Instead of all of us sitting around "brainstorming" why don't you just pull both the alt and the batt and take them to an auto shop for testing? I only glanced through the thread (mostly because of some stupid bickering) so if that was suggested already then your dumb for not doing it yet, lol
well im waiting for my friend to get here so we can check if its either the batt or alt. and i dont have the tools or skills to remove my alt. it can only be accessed from under the car.

its a 1995 saturn SL btw

well im waiting for my friend to get here so we can check if its either the batt or alt. and i dont have the tools or skills to remove my alt. it can only be accessed from under the car.
its a 1995 saturn SL btw
Yeah, alt's are usually a bish. I have to remove the oil filter in my hyundai to get the alt out, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

09civic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
09civic
Melbourne, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date