Time alignments

Participant count
  • Participants list

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Ohio
Hey guys quick question about time alignments. I'm about to start doing it in my jeep with the DSR1, seems straight forward. Measure from your ear to each speaker. But, the tweeters are pod mounted on the dash, the passenger tweeter points at me, and the driver tweeter points at the passenger. When I was tuning and got the highs too loud, the passenger tweet was the one I heard screaming at me. Does this placement effect time alignment?

I personally never liked time alignment.
If you can't time align each speaker independently, I would basically find the middle point in a between the two speakers and then use that as the speaker location.

I'm no expert in time alignment, but that's what I would do and have done in the past.

I can align each speaker, but I don't know if I should still use the physical distance measurements for the tweeters since they are somewhat directional, and the on axis tweeter is not the one nearest to me.

I can align each speaker, but I don't know if I should still use the physical distance measurements for the tweeters since they are somewhat directional, and the on axis tweeter is not the one nearest to me.

Ohhhh I see what you mean. That's a tough one. I think I'd still use the straight line distance, even if one is reflecting off the windshield or something. Can you show pics?

Here's the passenger tweeter, pointing at the driver, and the drivers tweeter points at the passenger.

Yeah my main preset will be to my ear in my normal seating position, as it's just me 99% of the time. I'll likely do another preset with a more centered stage for the occasions I do have a passenger.

I'm fortunate. My HU has multiple preset time alignments for various locations in addition to the ability to manually set them. And the drivers seat alignment is incredible.
Since the woofers in your doors are non-directional for arguments sake, measure the tweeters from your ear position.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
LsGuy
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from