Alpine W200/H701

xtremekustomz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Anyone else having a noise problem??? Also the right level midrange is about 3 db louder than the left. I have never seen it happen where the right is louder than the left with everything set on 0 and run stereo on a 2 channel amp. I just wired it up for the first time this afternoon and so far I am not pleased with what I hear. I'm going to try more with it tomorrow but I don't know.......just not good so far. I'm starting to miss my simple 7998 now.

you have noise problems? aren't you running optical? i have zero floor noise in my car compared from before when i had my eclipse 8455 where i tons of alternator whine.

I got the same setup with the RUX C701.
Try looking at your wiring somethings out of Phase.
Nothing is out of phase. I made sure of that during wiring and also checked after I had problems. I bought another amp recently from someone and this was the first time I had used it. It was connected on the tweeters. I haven't checked everything out yet but either the rca outputs are reversed on the amp, or the ones on the processor are. Left is right and right is left. But when testing the midrange I didn't have the midrange wired up. Just really having some strange problems so far but I am sure I will get them worked out as the install goes on. Basically I was just wiring up to listen for different locations for all the drivers.

Make sure that it is not in surround mode, that adds a lot of extra noise. That being said I thought my right mid was too loud also (front2 right) but at some point after resetting all the crossover points and levels everything equalled out. In my case the right front mid had a more direct shot at my right ear than my left front mid which was close to my left foot.

There is some hiss, but no more than I had with my 7998 or 9835 in the same basic setup. I ended up turning the gains way down on my amps and my normal listening volume is in the mid to high 20's I also am using the optical inputs.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! ITS NOT JUST ME!!!!!! (sorry for the caps)

I have the 9861 running AI-net and optical to the H701. I use the H701 to actively crossover my fronts. Tweeters in Front1 and mids in Front2. Ever since the day I got the 701 I noticed that my Right front mid is louder and more defined than my left mid. It drives me nuts! I have checked the polarity on all the connections, replaced all cables and speaker wires. I even went as far as contacting JL Audio (im using the 300/4 to power my fronts) and had them replace the 300/4 with a brand new one because of alternator whine that they claimed was an actual issue with the amp once they recieved it and tested it.

I also use my ipod connected to the 9861 by the Full Speed iPod control interface and i started to wonder if my Ipod was either boosting or removing some of the db to my left side mids but now I'm starting to think its the 701 as well. Has anyone removed the optical cable and ran RCA's to the 701 isntead? Maybe there is an issue with the optical reciever on the 701?

All i can say is im glad im not just the only one.

We gotta figure out a fix for this!

I can't help you w/ the noise problem. but w/ the right being louder.. it's nothing that adjusting db levels won't fix. I had the same problem, but it was the same when i had a 9835 (with & w/o the H701). maybe, like said above, it's because the right mid is pointing directly to my ear.

One other thing i was thinking was I'm 6'3 and pretty much all legs.. Its possible that because my legs are so long they are blocking more of the volume coming from the front left mid to my ear.

So I thought more about this and i decided to try something out. Now when i got my system installed I had brought it to a local car intsaller. So i was thinking, in a perfect environment all lengths of cable should equal each other (as in, all the RCA

s should be the same length and all the speaker cables from amps should be the same length) Now I know the RCA's are the same length because I've re-ran them when I installed the 701 myself but do I know for sure that the speaker cables are all equal lengths: No. So I decided that instead of adjusting the TCR for my left fronts (which would normally be the case since you sit closer to the left speakers), i decided to adjust the right front mid. What a world of difference. Not only do I have all my levels on the 9861 and 701 set to 0db, but adjusting the front right mid TCR to .20ms delay made my entire sound stage in the front even. So needless to say I'm pretty happy with my results. The only thing I could thik of is that the front left speakers were on a longer speaker cable than the right because the speaker cables are ran down the right side of my car. Either way, I'm much more pleased.

Moral of this long story: Go against the grain and try something that you would think would work or help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.