alpine vs panasonic

Curious inquiry as to why you selected the two you did, but I prefer Panasonic because of my history with their products, the fullness of their sound, and their ease of use. Good stuff.

Alpine is one of the industry leaders in HU's, they may even be considered #1. Panisonics are decent HU's but they haven't found their way to Alpine's status. In general, if it has the name Alpine on it, you know it's quality stuff. Also, if it has the name Alpine on it, you know it's more expensive. You can find more flash and options on a Panisonic for less $$$ than you can find on an Alpine for the same $$$.

I have an Alpine CDA-7875 Head Unit. Was going to get a 7873, but was sold out, and got a nice deal on the 7875. I must say that over the years, I've experience Alpine head units more out of coincidence than choice.

Have had two Volvos, and their OEM head units were Alpine. Sufficient for stock, but definitely not spectacular. Just did a nice system in my 850, and must say that the Alpine head is very good. Just to summarize what this head unit provides:

Bass Control - level, center frequency, and bandwidth of bass

Treble Control - level, center frequency

Subwoofer Control - full control of subwoofer (very useful feature!)

Bass Forward - allows more bass to go up front, but after a while, it's best off

High pass/Low pass filters

Two 4V pre-outs

Rated at 60 x 4 (definitely a strong head unit)

That's just the sonic goodies....it has a nice interface, graphics, remote, etc. Controls changers, is XM Radio ready (but u'll still need to buy the receiver though...at around $300 =), and has the cachet of alpine.

If you look at it from a broad perspective you'll notice that Alpine SPECIALIZES in head units. They make base line models with tape players, and go all the way to dvd systems, navigation, in dash changers, and all in one units. Some of these units top out around $3000, so you know they're not playing.

Granted alpine also makes speakers, subs, and amps, but I feel that they clearly take the cake in HUs. i've got a 10" bandpass sub that's nice and affordable, and sounds nice, but I know there are better ones out there.

So, if you can swing in the $400, i'll promise you quality!

Take Care,

Fellippe

In my ad campaign, LOL, I forgot to tell you to check out their website. I'm not affiliated with alpine or an official endorser, just a happy customer.

They have this ALPINE F1 Status that they give out to really high end systems they do. Make sure you check out the Mercedes Benz S55 on the main page...look at the door speakers, and look at the screens!! HOT!

Enjoy,

FG

head unit power? 60 x 4? ehehe that extra 10 watts peak is good for what? .....i say there is alot of good head units avalible panasonic ....pioneer ..alpine ...sony (es is gone ..cry) clarion...JVC .... kenwood.....i say get what YOU like with features you want just understand how you will be using it... nothing is worse than getting a head unit you want because of its NAME then finding out it doesnt have what you want. or is too hard to use or worse yet it wont work well in your system....oo0o **** i forgot eclipse....... another good cd player............ and if anyone says alpine had/has had the best head unit they havent seen the high end clarions or older sony es systems like the c-90 and z-50 ..yes i know the z-50 was 8000 but name another system that did more the right way............

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.