Alpine SWX-1243D (2007 Type-X) are out!

Lightninghoof
10+ year member

USA
Crutchfield now shows these in stock. Alpine still hasn't posted the T/S parameters on their website, so I called them on the phone and they were willing to fax it to me.

Parameters are very similar to last year's model (SWX-1242D). Motor strength is increased slightly (more copper in the coil according to Alpine), and mechanical mass (Mms) is reduced. As such, SPL efficiency is increased by ~ 1.5dB and box volume requirements are slightly reduced. All in all, the 2006 and 2007 models should perform similarly, considering the specs are so similar and they model about the same.

Sorry I don't have the info for the 10" version, however the difference(s) should be on par with what they changed on the 12".

Here are the specs: (Items not listed in bold were auto-calculated using the other parameters)

Qes .64

Qms 7.48

Qts .59

Fs 29Hz

Vas 38L

Mms 314.6g

Cms .0957mm/N

Re 7.2 ohm

BL 25.39648 Tm

Le 3.25 mH

Sd 529 cm^2

Xmax 19.0mm

Pe 1000 watts RMS

SPL 83.64 dB

Dual 4-ohm VC

Anyways, I'm planning on ordering a pair next weekend from a local dealer. Has anyone else been waiting on these to be released?

I talked my local dealer down to $225 each before tax. That's authorized and I get to carry them out of the store. Granted I am purchasing a HU, processor, and 3 amplifiers with the same transaction. All in all he's giving me a discount of over $1000 off of his original advertised prices. Sometimes the small local shops will really bend over backwards to accommodate the customer and make the sale. Otherwise I purchase almost exclusively online. (Type-X can be had online for $249.99 or less)

Here's what I will be picking up:

Alpine DVA-9861 headunit

Alpine PXA-H701 processor

Alpine PDX-1.1000 amplifier

Alpine PDX-4.150 amplifier

Alpine PDX-2.150 amplifier

Alpine SWX-1243D (x2)

Seas W18NX midwoofers and Max Fidelity Neo tweeters I ordered through Meniscus.

I talked my local dealer down to $225 each before tax. That's authorized and I get to carry them out of the store. Granted I am purchasing a HU, processor, and 3 amplifiers with the same transaction. All in all he's giving me a discount of over $1000 off of his original advertised prices. Sometimes the small local shops will really bend over backwards to accommodate the customer and make the sale. Otherwise I purchase almost exclusively online. (Type-X can be had online for $249.99 or less)
Here's what I will be picking up:

Alpine DVA-9861 headunit

Alpine PXA-H701 processor

Alpine PDX-1.1000 amplifier

Alpine PDX-4.150 amplifier

Alpine PDX-2.150 amplifier

Alpine SWX-1243D (x2)

Seas W18NX midwoofers and Max Fidelity Neo tweeters I ordered through Meniscus.
Thats not a bad price at all...I have 'em for $240.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.