Alpine SWS-12D2 Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jmabrao
10+ year member

Hey I'm going to building a new box for my alpine, and came up with 2.5cf tuned to 32 hz. Was hoping someone would be able to spot check my work and see if I'm way off. I have been hearing that 2.5cf was too big for this subwoofer, and that you need to keep it around 1.5cf.

ps the orange is the 2.5cf @ 32hz and the red is 1.5cf @ 32hz

Thanks

Joel

25cftuned32hz.jpg

Boxes.jpg

2.5 might be a little big. `1.5 seems little small. i did a few boxes for the type S a few years ago. dropped one in a 2 cube box @ 35hz that i had actually built for a type R. it did well playing the test songs, which were heavy metal and rap songs. the other one i did, i built specifically for a 12 type S. 1.85 @ 34hz. this guy was a metal listener, and it performed well. From the numerous boxes i have done for alpine type R, they dont do too bad in larger boxes. i have put a type R in 2.5 cubes, although i used higher port tunings, and they do very well in the larger box. you have a hump in the lower frequencies on your graph, which will be accentuated by cabin gain. the smaller box has a better roll off for music listening, IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.