Alpine swa-10s4

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheManGold

Set Up: Kenwood KDC-152 HU (105dB)

Alpine SWA-10S4 10" (86.5dB)

Dual XPA 4640 4 CH. (75dB)

I'm running stock doors which is what I like to do using this set-up. It has helped me become Northeast Regional Champion back in the late 80's (novice SQ), enough of the good old days... on with the review!

This is the entry-level 10-inch offering of the BASSLINE line-up from Alpine. Single voice coil, 4 ohm, 250w RMS/750w Peak (300 X 2 from XPA 4640) and with the proper break-in (a week or two) and box (I'm .65cu.ft. single sealed) this sub will rumble. As far as Hz drop offs and bottoming out, I have no clue because I tend to set my amp always as the following: Bass Boost 0dB/X-Frequency 500Hz/Input % set by the guy who tunes that and my HU! (I don't touch those... LOL)

You can go ported also if your a bass guy, it can do either box which is decent. The SWA-10S4 delivers clean, quaking bass that SQ folks like me love but at 86.5dB SPL heads may want something 94dB and up (**** boomers... get some quality! LOL). All-in-all, I've had Type R's, Type X's and hated them when they went down because of how much they cost. If this one goes down... I'll just get another one for $50-$60 bucks.

Quake on fellow Quakers and get some gold!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

TheManGold

TheManGold
New Castle, DE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date