alpine skips

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeremythelen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have a used CDA 7840 alpine cd player that i recently bought and it skips all teh time. it does seem a little bit loose, not much though. and from waht i hear alpine cd players and the word skip are basicly never used in the same sentence. especialy when the original price of it is $450! any ideas?

May try re mounting it making sure it is secure and maby even put some kindof shock absorbant around it, but chances are it is just the cd player. I have had two that did me that way. But that was from my subs and the kind of vehicle they were in, very strange.

yeah but a $450 alpine should not skip at all period. right? at least from what i hear. people say they have never heard alpines even lower priced ones skip. and mine skips alot!

It's strange.... Mine is at least 4-5 years old (I'm a 2nd owner) and it didnt skip once.

Do you have it mounted in any strange angle? They work best if they are in straight, horisontal position. I've tried toying around with my Alpy and it did skip when I shake it when it was in angled position. Never in horizontal, though.

And it should be mounted firmly, not "a bit loose" as you say. Their CD mechanism is "sitting" on some soft silicone filled little suspensions and that can only do their job if the unit is firmly attached.

Or maybe you've got yourself an Alpine's "black sheep"- take it back and have it replaced. You shouldnt have a skippy unit for that cash!!

i think i found out what the problem was, has any one ever had the dash of there car get warped by the sun? because thats what happened to my car so it didnt fit in its mountin position very well so it was a lot looser that it shoud have been, so i toyed around with it and made it fit much better and i dont think its missed a beat yet. and would it be bad to put foam stuff around it or any type of padding?

check back on your old post about your skipping H/U. It's got all the info you'll need about the foam padding trick.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.