Alpine releases a NEW Type-R Driver to the lineup

Participant count
  • Participant list

DNick454
10+ year member

Honda + Subs = Rattles :(
Was just trollin teh intarwebz as usual and went to sonicelectronix to compare some prices or whatnot when I noticed they had a Type-ARGGHHHH that didn't look quite right. The cone looked darker... the logo was on the bottom of the cone. So I clicked on it and apparently Alpine re-made the Type-R and it's now "4th gen". Have I just been gone for too long and this is common knowledge?

I'm just wondering if this new Type-R has the same qualities as the last. AKA getting piss loud and blowing past any factory stated RMS ratings.

Can anyone comment on it?

Was just trollin teh intarwebz as usual and went to sonicelectronix to compare some prices or whatnot when I noticed they had a Type-ARGGHHHH that didn't look quite right. The cone looked darker... the logo was on the bottom of the cone. So I clicked on it and apparently Alpine re-made the Type-R and it's now "4th gen". Have I just been gone for too long and this is common knowledge?
I'm just wondering if this new Type-R has the same qualities as the last. AKA getting piss loud and blowing past any factory stated RMS ratings.

Can anyone comment on it?
There have been 3 or 4 threads about it but nothing major. They upgraded the coil from 2" to 2.5" and changed the dustcap. There is also supposed to be a thin version.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.