Alpine PDX amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sounds good. I’m not familiar with pioneer sets so I’m not sure if they’ll have much mid bass but won’t know until you install. Make sure to deaden what you can on the door and seal what you can. That’ll help tremendously

I go active these days so I’m not too familiar with component sets. I was using an Infinity 90CSX that I got for $180 and I thought for the price they were pretty nice. It really needs the midrange though to finish it off.

Here it is

Attachments

• 20200825_183535.jpg
    20200825_183535.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • 20200825_183522.jpg
    20200825_183522.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
That paint doesn’t look rough. Goodness what did he do to that thing.

It has paint chips around the edges and the cover that covers the amp settings.

How is the Rockford Fosgate T2's. Im trying to compare which is better and would work best with my amp and get good mid bass.

Heres the fronts and rears.

I don’t have experience with Fosgate speakers either. Spending time and money deadening and sealing the doors will make $10 speakers sound better than $300 speakers. Just like how a proper box will make a subpar sub perform better than an audiophile sub in a bad box. Do you plan on deadening and sealing? I’d still ditch the rear speakers and spend that money on a dsp

What DSP you recommend? And will I only need a DSP of I go fully active in the front? What if I use the crossover it comes with and coaxial in the rear. Will I still need it

You’ll need a dsp to go active since your amp isn’t able to cross the tweeters over properly (I don’t think so at least). Dayton DSP is a great budget option but I haven’t used it. I have used the JL TwK and thought it was easy to use and worked great.

Just came across another good deal but it's a 5 channel amp. There both going for 250 which one is better and should I grab?

Alpine PDX V9

Rockford Fosgate t1000x5ad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.