Alpine PDX Amps

crea78
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was thinking about getting 1 or 2 Alpine PDX amps to run Rainbow Germaniums and a Rainbow Vanadium 12". First of all, if I decided to go with the PDX 4.150 and ran the Germs off of channels 1/2 and bridged channels 3/4 to power the Vanadium sub (DVC - 4ohm), is this amp 2ohm stable if bridged? If so, how much wattage would be going to the sub & if not, how much power would be putting out at 8ohms?

Also, would it be better just to get a PDX 2.150 or 4.100 to power the Germaniums + PDX 600.1 to power the Vanadium 12". I rather get the 2 amps to have enough power on hand.

or 4.150 and bi-amp the germs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Too much power for me just on the Germaniums; lols. Also, didn't want to spend that much just on one amp since I'll be buying them through an authorized dealer. Also, if I got the 4.100, would it be better to bi-amp the Germs or bridge them?

I'll go with 2 amps, but I got the 4.150 instead. It's bridged to power Profi Kick 2 way. With the gain turn all the way down of course, and my HU has tiny preout voltage. I use 1.600 to power 2 ID8 at 4ohm. Gives me room if I ever want to go active.

I was thinking about getting 1 or 2 Alpine PDX amps to run Rainbow Germaniums and a Rainbow Vanadium 12". First of all, if I decided to go with the PDX 4.150 and ran the Germs off of channels 1/2 and bridged channels 3/4 to power the Vanadium sub (DVC - 4ohm), is this amp 2ohm stable if bridged? If so, how much wattage would be going to the sub & if not, how much power would be putting out at 8ohms?
Also, would it be better just to get a PDX 2.150 or 4.100 to power the Germaniums + PDX 600.1 to power the Vanadium 12". I rather get the 2 amps to have enough power on hand.

I'm just wondering if there are any authorized online Alpine dealers/stores (besides Crutchfield) where I can get PDX amps cheaper than what they go for locally? Is Online Car Stereo a good place to buy car audio components from? I see the PDX 4.100 is $336, but doubt its authorized. However, they do have a 1 yr warranty but can be upgraded to 3 yrs for $30 more. Is buying from them a safe bet since I never dealt with this store before? How about Woofers Etc... they also have PDX amps but slightly higher than OCS. Would Woofers be better than OCS in customer service if I have any problems with the amp(s)?? Thx...

I'm just wondering if there are any authorized online Alpine dealers/stores (besides Crutchfield) where I can get PDX amps cheaper than what they go for locally? Is Online Car Stereo a good place to buy car audio components from? I see the PDX 4.100 is $336, but doubt its authorized. However, they do have a 1 yr warranty but can be upgraded to 3 yrs for $30 more. Is buying from them a safe bet since I never dealt with this store before? How about Woofers Etc... they also have PDX amps but slightly higher than OCS. Would Woofers be better than OCS in customer service if I have any problems with the amp(s)?? Thx...
Internet sellers are not authorized. They offer warranties via in house repair. It's not through Alpine. Alpine does not offer a 3 year warranty on their products.

Sometimes, it's better to pay a few dollars more to buy it from an authorized Alpine dealer.

tuan

All of my Alpine products,from my type R comps,mrd1005,mrp350,mrp650,f450 and the S co/ax,and I'm still using the 9847 as my source unit from 2005.I've just bought the 4-100pdx and I have bought all that from the Alpine dealer,become great friends with the owner since the start of 05'.I have been fortunate,they have done all the installs,-lifetime guarantee!!!!!!The only thing I haven't tried by Alpine are their subs I'm still on the JLaudio kick.I have 2 12w3-3-4 in a slotted port enclosure(1.75 cu.ft.)with the mrd1005 pushing them.Spend the extra...it's worth it in the longrun.....02SENTRA out...............

I bough the 2.150 from Online car stereo and havent had a problem yet, if your careful with your equipment you shouldnt have to worry about a warranty.

hookedontronics.com has incredible prices on the PDX's. I bought a mrp-f240 from them 3 years ago and am still using it today. Also bought a cheap set of type-s coax's at the same time. They went with my explorer when I sold it, but AFAIK they are still working.

If I go with PDX amps, I'll probably get them through Toxic Tuan since he can get me a deal near internet prices + it will be authorized. Thx for all the input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.