Alpine OR RE

phsballin4life
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
sc
Got my 02 Explorer Sport a while back and i need a system badly.....i loved my old system(see sig) so im thinkin bout stickin with RE SE's but im not sure....what would u guyz do.....3 12" Type R's ported or 2 15" SE's ported??

Got my 02 Explorer Sport a while back and i need a system badly.....i loved my old system(see sig) so im thinkin bout stickin with RE SE's but im not sure....what would u guyz do.....3 12" Type R's ported or 2 15" SE's ported??
1 18 XXX or MT:veryhapp:

Why not 2 15" Type-R's Ported? God that would be loud. Very, Very Loud. A little more than you're budget tho, save up.

I am partial to Alpine, but for a reason, they have a solid build quality, and SPL/SQ in thier Type-R subwoofer line is unmatched in the price range.

*I* would get the 2 Type-R 15's and run them on the 12.1 until you can get another 12.1, and then run one 12.1 on each Type-R.

ive heard some bad stories about 15's tho....heard they cant reproduce notes too accuratly adn they fall behind...never used 15's so ne1 got nething to say about that?

ive heard some bad stories about 15's tho....heard they cant reproduce notes too accuratly adn they fall behind...never used 15's so ne1 got nething to say about that?

You've heard false BS stories. 15's play just as well as 12's or 10's or 8's. Get what you can fit. And I vote SE because you know you like them.

well i think im gonna go with the se's thing is gotta sell my 12" se's first....cant wait to get my new subs...goin from 2 12" se's sealed in a eclipse and goin to 2 15" se's ported in a explorer should b a HUGE upgrade....cant fvkin wait

well i think im gonna go with the se's thing is gotta sell my 12" se's first....cant wait to get my new subs...goin from 2 12" se's sealed in a eclipse and goin to 2 15" se's ported in a explorer should b a HUGE upgrade....cant fvkin wait
Can the SE's be reconed to 15's? I believe they can, I know the MT SX and XXX can. Id think that would be a cheaper alternative than selling the 12's and buying whole new 15's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.