alpine or profile help!!!!!!!!!!!

bottwell666
10+ year member

lost warrior
canton tx
i can buy an alpine mrp-m350 or a profile cl800 which should i get please anwser soon i be gettting one of the 2 within an hour they will be powering a subwoofer or 2 for now they will be powering one sony ten 350 rms p5 which is better all around

a very good friend of mine works at an alpine/jl shop. He said they have not been impressed with the alpine amps at all(way too much money for the power they put out), and he said the JL amps killed them.

That being said, I don't think profile is going to be as good as the alpine. If you can get a good price, take the alpine if those are your 2 choices.

all things being equal (including price), go with Alpine. often-times Profile will be much cheaper than the competition. i did a lot of research on amps online before i went with Profile -- getting unbiased opinions and reviews (unlike what you'll find on here), and i decided to try them. i'm pleased. i had the money to buy pretty much whatever amp i wanted, but i'm all about value (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif), so Profile won out.

to the naysayers, come out of the dark. Profile is a well-respected amp manufacturer, and many, many people run them with no problems. i get so sick of people saying Profile is "crappy" or "Wal Mart" just because they're inexpensive alternatives to some of your big-name brands. YOU'RE LABEL-QUEENS. come off it!!! (oh, and if this offends any of you folks, then you're probably the ones i'm referring to.)

again, Alpine makes a fine amp, and may have a few benefits over the Profile (in regards to build quality, power, efficiency, etc..), but don't just choose it because Billy Namebrand gets wet over them.

like i said earlier, if the price isn't that much greater, certainly go for the Alpine. if you need to save some bucks (or you're just a little frugal, like myself) Profile will push your drivers pretty well.

abe m.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.