Alpine optical cables

but will i notice a big difference btw the glass cables and plastic? also i saw on there site they have like home audio fiber optic and car audio fiber optic is there really a difference? the reason i ask all of this is so i can buy some off ebay or online some where cheaper than paying 100 bucks or so much at best buy.

optical cable is pretty fragile, the car audio stuff is probably built better to withstand a car install

just buy the premium optical cable from monoprice.com for $10, it will work just as good as the $100 stuff as long as your careful with it

i started using optical cable about 4 years ago on my home hi system (MY ****ING BABY THAT IS PACKED AWAY!!)))

in a home install, once all my lines were static.. everything was fine. And at the time,,, i used very thin cable. (glass but "new") BUT you have to remember,,,, when dealing with optice (light) speed of light is not regulated by resistance, quality of build etc....

It is regulated by light speed!!! If you are having problems with your optical solution,,, it is because your "(((flashlight is not reachin the end of the tunnel!!!!)

i have even experimented with my cables. if your friend crimps your optic cable,,, everything ends. As soon as he opens it back up,,, the sound comes back!!!!

to answer your question,,, when it comes to optics,, it is either ON or OFF..

cables in this medium make little difference unless you have an application where there is a possibility of wires crimping themselves in half.

you willl know then

!!!

i have no idea what your talking about i am new to optical cables and i just decided i want to upgrade to it since i am about to buy a iva-d105 and 701 with it.

so plz explain in newb terms what your talking about.

i started using optical cable about 4 years ago on my home hi system (MY ****ING BABY THAT IS PACKED AWAY!!)))
in a home install, once all my lines were static.. everything was fine. And at the time,,, i used very thin cable. (glass but "new") BUT you have to remember,,,, when dealing with optice (light) speed of light is not regulated by resistance, quality of build etc....

It is regulated by light speed!!! If you are having problems with your optical solution,,, it is because your "(((flashlight is not reachin the end of the tunnel!!!!)

i have even experimented with my cables. if your friend crimps your optic cable,,, everything ends. As soon as he opens it back up,,, the sound comes back!!!!

to answer your question,,, when it comes to optics,, it is either ON or OFF..

cables in this medium make little difference unless you have an application where there is a possibility of wires crimping themselves in half.

you willl know then

!!!

just dont bend them too sharp or step on them. if the plastic inside that reflects the light through the cable breaks or cracks it will either kill the cable or cause the signal to skip and get all goofy doofy

if you have a choice go with coax digital, but if not just be careful with the optical cable and you will be fine

im assumeing u mean optical out on a deck to an amp but i didnt know they made amps that had optical in im useing one of those 100 dolllar ones on my xbox and a 10 dolllar one on my dvd player i cant notice a difference in the same cd on one another so i say what ever u want go for it

thx for the word up i never knew this **** but nice info to know ill look into the coax but u know the cable will be under the carpet and ****. so ppl might step on them might not so ill look into coax.

well im not using the optical cable to the amp this is what i am doing.

alpine iva-d105 - optical - Alpine PXA-H701- optical - Zapco dsp6 - syblink - zapco amps. does this make sense how i am doing this now?

im assumeing u mean optical out on a deck to an amp but i didnt know they made amps that had optical in im useing one of those 100 dolllar ones on my xbox and a 10 dolllar one on my dvd player i cant notice a difference in the same cd on one another so i say what ever u want go for it

parts express has some Dayton optical cables that will work just fine....so I've been told.

I had to get a fairly long cable, and I couldn't wait, so I was forced into buying Monster from Best Buy. Luckily a friend works there and bought it for me. What would have cost me $130 wound up costing me $43. Can you believe that?! Nearly $90 markup on a cable. No way would I pay retail for it, but $43 for a quality made 16ft optical cable is a good deal.

Anyway, parts express, dayton optical cable. Link

No, he's using the alpine processor. It has optical in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.