Clarion Receiver Problems....

Orion Man
10+ year member

Livin' Loud!
Hey guys, just wondering if Clarion decks are common to having problems? My brother-in-law purchased the top-o-the-line model from last year and has had it in the repair shop twice.

My question is, would it be worth it to sell it and buy another, or make Clarion replace it with a new unit? Hes only had it 4 months.

are you talking about problems with the FM tuner? or the deck in general? i've seen their marine radios with bad fm tuners brand new out of the box, but honestly never had many issues with any of their pro-audio products having any sort of reliability problems. their menus are a pain, but once you get used to it they aren't all that bad. at least their menus and submenus make sense as to what goes where. they're nice radios, i'd keep it if you don't plan on doing a crazy system. the only thing i can say negative about that particular model line-up is that if you want 3 rca pre-outs, you have to shell out quite a bit more cash over the 665 for teh 765. iirc all of their proaudio units USED to have 3 preouts, and now they change it. at least they made them look a lot better than the previous year models //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ya, it would'nt read any cds after 2 weeks of use, and kept throwing Error-5 codes. Took it in and had it fixed, then roughly 1 month later it started doing the same thing. Took it back to the shop that fixed it the 1st time, they said it was the first problem all over again and then some (no real details). Just want to beable to play cds without it breaking.

clarion proaudio decks have a 2 year warranty. they shouldn't have been the ones to fix it, have them send it back to clarion and have it fixed right. sounds like something is faulty in the cd mechanism itself

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.