Alpine mrp m2000 cutting out

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, i have an alpine mrp m2000 amp powering 2 alpinr type r 12"s. it was working fine until now. It sometimes wont power the subs at low volumes but whenever i turn it up they turn right on, then if i turn the volume back down the subs will play for a short time then shut off. What could cause this?

Things ive tried:

Rewired headunit

Rewired subs in box and to the amp

Switched rca's

Checked ground

I dont think it would be the gain its been set 1/3rd of the way up for awhile.

The amps current settings are

Gain- 1/3rd

Bass eq level- +2db

Bass eq freq- 50hz

Lp filter- 100hz

Phase- 0 degree

Subsonic- 15hz

I'm thinking maybe a bad capacitor, it surprises me its not going Into protect mode. ( or is it?) How many ohms are your subs set up for? I had the same problem with a MTX amp I custom modified. I blew up the bridge rectifier running it at one ohm. I'd try getting a multimeter and making shure the subs are at four ohms and not shorting, you have a good ground and power in, and if all fails try taking the cover off and looking for puffed and or loose capacitors.

I'm thinking maybe a bad capacitor, it surprises me its not going Into protect mode. ( or is it?) How many ohms are your subs set up for? I had the same problem with a MTX amp I custom modified. I blew up the bridge rectifier running it at one ohm. I'd try getting a multimeter and making shure the subs are at four ohms and not shorting, you have a good ground and power in, and if all fails try taking the cover off and looking for puffed and or loose capacitors.
I figured it out (i think) i opened it up and the cable that goes from the board with the rca's to the main board was slightly unplugged. I pushed it in and now it works perfect again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.