alpine mrd-m1000 help???

bneeley21
10+ year member

il
Aight here is the deal i am powering 2 alpine type r 15s they are wired to a 2 ohm load. I am looking at getting the alpine mrd-m1000 cause i would like to stay alpine all they way around but i also want the best amp. I havent been able to find any reviews on the alpine so let me know what you guys think

The Alpine is a good amp, but I've heard better. My friend works at Ultimate Electronics here in Las Vegas, and they have the Alpine on display as well as others. I'm not a huge Rockford fan but the BD1001 made the Alpine sound like the Alpine was a 500w instead of 1000w. The Alpine has good tuning features but when a $550 amp beats a $900 amp, it's sad.

BTW, they were all playing on two Infinity Perfect 12"s at the same 2 ohm load.

how about the Xtant X1001 im looking to spend no more than 500 and i saw this amp on ebay for about 400. I would like to go alpine cause my whole system is alpine but i also want the best for my buck and i know nothing about xtant amps

A very good friend of mine used to work at the local shop. Now he is at a shop in the southern part of the state that deals Alpine. He said their amps, for the money, are not impressive at all. He said the JL amps they sell absolutely kill the alpine stuff. It is so bad, that they don't even stock alpine amps.

That being said, if you can get a great deal on one(alpine is available unauthorized just about everywhere online), then it may put out the power you need.

I have NOT used alpine amps, but this is coming from a very good friend of mine who sells the stuff. He certainly has no reason to lie to me about it. All of that being said, it is one person's opinion.

well if u want sound quality andnot power it is better to stick with the same brand in any case. JL is ur best opyion for both sq and power. when they say it will put out a certain rms those amplifeiers will put out that and mabye alil more. but pending on what u want and money its up to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.