Xtant X1001 vs alpine mrd-m1000

bneeley21
10+ year member

il
aight heres the deal.i am running two alpine r 15s wires parrel to a 2 ohm load so i need a good 2 ohm amp. I want to spend no more than 450. Did some research on the alpine and most people dont seem to like it so i look at the xtant which is seems like a **** good amp but the thd is 2% to the alpines 1 will it be a big diffrence. I have not herd xtant amps before but i herd they are good. Let me know what you guys think. How is the treakin and tunning on xtant?

even at 2%THD i doubt you will be able to hear any distortion since only very low frequencies are being played. ive heard multiple times on this board that because subs play frequencies at the extreme bottom of hearing, distortion isnt really a problem in most amps as long as you arent pushing the amp to its limits and clipping starts.

The x1001 is not an amp the I would recommend for those with less experience, as all tuning, tweaking ,etc, is done with jumpers directly on the circuit board.

If you don't mind that part, it's an incredible amp. Powerhouse pretty much sums it up. I've been using my x1001 on a e120.44 @ 2ohms mono and have no complaints.

For a little further insight on this amp, have a look at my review in last months Momentum:

http://momentum.soundillusions.net/Feb04/testbench.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.