Alpine M1000 Vs PDX 600.1

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im looking for a new amp and am deciding between these 2 now. I can get both fairly cheap its just a toss up between which one to get. The PDX series will do probably 800 rms atleast, and apparently its digital and does the same power at both 2 and 4 ohms. Its also small so i could hide it easily wherever. The M1000 is big as hell so itd have to be mounted in plain sight pretty much, but does a tiny bit more power (fused 20amps more than the 600) and that does 600 at 4 ohms and 1000 at 2. However im thinking i cant run the 1000 on my current electrical so i might have to go with the 600.1, what would you guys go with and why?

Uhm you should be able to run 1000rms fine. How many watts is your speaker amp? How many amps is your stock alt?

I have heard both amps and there isnt much sq difference or at least i didnt hear any.

Its really up to you whether you want to have the same power at 2 and 4 ohms.

Oh and the m1000 does more than rated power too but probably not as much more as the pdx.

Well i went ahead and got the 1000. It was fused higher than the PDX so i guess in the end that = more power, so why waste money and upgrade again later. Im sure 1000wrms will keep me happy for a while //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Only thing i liked about the PDX was it was tiny and made so much power. Woulda been cool to have just for the wow factor, but more power ftw.

im sure you will be happy with either. i had the same choice to make about a month ago. i ended up going with the pdx just cause they were smaller and put out the perfect power i wanted. plus i love how they are mounted with no screws to be seen, and also all the power etc connects are on the same side so its easy to run and hide all the wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.