i have one really quick question..not even a Q really

Problem

im new to the whole car audio world...but anyway i jus purchased 2 KENWOOD KFC-W3012 12's and a KENWOOD KAC-8104D MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER 1000W CLASS D....so really my question is to you guys...is that a good deal? i really dont know what a monoblock amp is but i did alil research and it says there better for subs?...will this sound good in my car?(if not what do u recommend) thanks for takin ya time out an helpin a lost confused mofo lol..any and all feedback is appreciated

Dude it was not worth it, you could do better how much you pay for it?
so he could do better even though you dont know how much he paid for it? idiot.

anyways, it does depend on how much you got it for. I put two of those subs (but the 10" version) in my girlfriends car, and it only cost me $50. DEFINITELY was worth it.

However, i hope you didnt pay retail for those, because in that case, you could have gotten something much better.

as for the amplifier, kenwood makes great budget amplifiers. That is what i usually use when doing a budget install in a car.

Only one way to find out if it sounds good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But you should be satisfied if it's your first system. Wire the subs to 2 ohms and you should be seeing about 250rms to each sub.

I had a kenwood mono block for awhile. Took a beating and never let me down. I ran it at 1 ohm instead of the recommended 2 ohm even.

Sold it to a guy who is running it on stock electrical with 8 gauge wire and it's still going strong.

Kenwood mono blocks are junk. I wouldn't pay much more than $40 for even their nicest ones. Their excelon series is a joke. Much better quality amps out there but if you can get it cheap, pick it up.

Kenwood mono blocks are junk. I wouldn't pay much more than $40 for even their nicest ones. Their excelon series is a joke. Much better quality amps out there but if you can get it cheap, pick it up.
have any input on this other than just that they are junk? I am quite curious as to why you think so though, seriously. I've ran the kenwood thats in my sisters car at a .25 ohm load before and never gave me troubles //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.