Alpine IVA-W505 Parking Brake Bypass?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ashtrey1212
10+ year member

Gimmie Some Sugar Baby!!!
Does anyone know how to bypass the parking brake on an Alpine IVA-W505? I've tryed searching the web and all I've come up with is a bypass kit you wire into the wire harness. Is there any other way? Like grounding the brake wire or something? I saw a video on youtube where someone did it to a JVC double din reciever, but would it work for the Alpine?

i've had very few experiences with screen installations in cars, but i remember to bypass parking brake in some of them all you had to do was to connect the wire to the any grounded spot in your car... but DO NOT take my words for now, i'm not sure if that's how it goes on this specific hu and you could end up damaging it doing so... keep searching or wait for more posts here...

buy the pac7 bypass on ebay. the alpine units require a semi comlicated signal, and the pac is already programmed for it
Yeah I was reading about the pac7 on a few other pages. Someone said that the head unit has 2 wires for the parking brake. 1 wire requires a grounded source and the other requires a positive 12 volt source. Couldn't I just ground the 1 wire and feed the other wire to the yellow power wire in the harness and get the same result? Or is it more complicated than that?

To bypass it you need a sequence.

I call it the "break dance".

LOL.

You would need a couple of switches and turn them "on" and "off" in a sequence for that to work.

The easiest way is with the PAC TR-7.

That's what I've used with both the W205 and W505.

Jorge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.