Alpine IVA W505 install help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

AK_Icerally
10+ year member

Alaska
I just installed the new Alpine 7in 2-din touchscreen (IVA-W505) in a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali with stock 6disc cd changer. I bought the correct wiring harness and hooked up everything right.

But whats happening is it starts up fine and runs, but NO sounds comes from any of the speakers... Could it have something to do with the stock 6-disc cd changer? Any input helpful.

THANK YOU!

I'm pretty sure the problem im having is with the stock 6 disc cd changer being intergrated into the stereo.. Theres no connection from the cd changer to alpine deck so its just dead..

the wires to the 6disc connect directly to the stock H/U

Also i tried hooking the remote out from H/U to other wires in hopes of finding a leadwire to the factory amp.. I was careful in which wires i used as not to fry anything heh.

The stock system is a BOSE one

THANKS

when you got the harness did you get the one for the bose integration? that should have taken care of it. and it's not a good idea to just connect the remote wire to other wires without knowing what they are.

and the cd changer wouldn't be a problem. most likely just not getting power to the factory amp turn on wire.

when using an aftermarket huh (i used the clarion 685maxbt) in my altima the bose system does have a factory amp and cannot be integrated or at least nissans cant. point of the story is there is a factory bose amp somewhere thats not hooked up to your hu therefore getting no power to the speakers. best solution is gettin a nice 4 channel and usin that

when using an aftermarket huh (i used the clarion 685maxbt) in my altima the bose system does have a factory amp and cannot be integrated or at least nissans cant. point of the story is there is a factory bose amp somewhere thats not hooked up to your hu therefore getting no power to the speakers. best solution is gettin a nice 4 channel and usin that
actually you can, with the right harness. done it plenty of times on many different makes and models

I must have bought the wrong harness ugh.. I told the dealer I bought it from it was bose system. I'll call them tomorrow and see whats up.

And i was messing with the remote, acc, grounding wires not just randomly connecting.. i would get sound for 1-2 seconds then it cut out again.

Thanks again for help

I'm sure its the wiring harness because the grey wire coming from aftermarket harness(F R speaker) isn't even connected to anything on the factory harness..

i did my iva w205 in my tuscani it had a stock infinity amp its just make the alpine porform way bigger and check and make sure that the wire your trying to use for a remote power isnt your pwr ant lead it is also bule but only power for 3-4 second when you first power on the stereo even if you dont have a pwr ant

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.