Alpine IVA-D300

95volvosx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tampa, FL
I just got it and I was wondering about 2 things. If there is a way to find the audio settings to make my component speakers a lot louder or should I just turn my amp up on them? Also does anyone know where I can find background pictures to put on there?

1. you'll have to use the "i-personalize" feature to get to your settings. However, you can't do this unless you have the whole "video safety" thing bypassed (ie: you go through the series of brake things, or you have an automatic bypass thing)

2. you can't put background images on there. you can only choose between 5 which are in the "i-personalize" menu.

Edit: apparently I like the word "thing"

I just grounded the wires for the brake and parking brake and I'm pretty sure it works. I didn't buy the video bypass. Is there a way to make my music louder though like my highs and mids or should I just turn the amp up

I just grounded the wires for the brake and parking brake and I'm pretty sure it works. I didn't buy the video bypass. Is there a way to make my music louder though like my highs and mids or should I just turn the amp up
I'm not sure that doing that will actually bypass the video safety lock. If you are only pretty sure it worked, then I doubt it has. Try playing a DVD on the unit. If it wont give you the visual, it didn't work. Once you bypass the video safety lock, more options will open up in the menu. Once you get there, it's fairly intuitive to get to setting up the audio settings (without being in my car I cannot give you directions through the menu, but if you look at it yourself you should be able to navigate through and find what you need).

I bought one off ebay. I'm sure there are other ways to get one, that was just the easiest for me at the time. I think it only ran me about $20 shipped. I like having the capability of turning the bypass on and off in case I get pulled over or something and want to make it so that video will not be displayed on the screen.

need to bypass it to get into i-personalized so u can mess around wit the speaker timing and all that and i did mines wit a lil toggle switch

i grounded my parking brake wire on my iva-d310 and it works fine.

if you have said it works fine then just test it to make sure, try playing a dvd/vcd with your handbrake on, it should work.

it's not that really I'm trying to get into more of the settings on the IVA-D300 to change my EQ a bit
I don't think you're understanding what we're telling you here.

In order to change your EQ settings you HAVE to have the i-personalize feature engaged...in order to have this engaged, you HAVE to have the video lockout screen bypassed. If you don't, you won't be able to watch DVDs AND you won't be able to change EQ settings.

You can bypass this screen by mainly 3 methods:

1. Doing it the way you're (legally) supposed to. Use the Yellow/Blue, and Yellow/Green wires in the radio harness and connect those to the parking/foot brakes. You then have to go through that whole series of brake,brake,brake,etc etc so that you can watch DVDs.

2. By a bypass like the pac-tr7 (search for it).

3. Rig up your own bypass using the given wires mentioned in step 1 & wire those to a toggle switch.

My suggestion?...get the pac-tr7. $25 for peace of mind. Easy as pie to hook up.

yeah I just did off of eBay it should be here tomorrow. I just hope it makes my system sound better than it did on my pioneer tv I had. otherwise I'm going to get it back from the guy I traded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.