Alpine iDA-X100 opinions..

Pioneer~Saturn
5,000+ posts

Dr. Enclosure
Dayton, OH
Hey guys,

Im thinking about replacing my Pioneer 7700 headunit with an Alpine iDA-X100 like the title suggests and was wondering if anyone has ran them/is running them. They seem pretty solid and have plenty of features and wanted some input.

Thanks in advance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I like mine, have almost 40gigs of music on a portable HDD, looks sweet and with the imprint module, is basically the 9887, so Its a great HU IMHFO

Cool cool..yea, i think im pretty much set on getting it. And motorized faceplate I presume?

No motorized face plate because it doesn't have a cd player...The faceplate pops off and the screen stays with the unit, so the removable part is some buttons and the knob...

If you want a cd player then you need a 9886/9887 or a cd changer...

I have seen the 100's as low as 220.00 but can'tr remember where...

No motorized face plate because it doesn't have a cd player...The faceplate pops off and the screen stays with the unit, so the removable part is some buttons and the knob...
If you want a cd player then you need a 9886/9887 or a cd changer...

I have seen the 100's as low as 220.00 but can'tr remember where...
Shoot, didnt notice that part (*slaps self on forehead)....but I can just get a changer if I really need cd's I guess and for comps I can have another headunit outside of the cars anyways in NW...meh, it'll still work

dude you cant get that your name is pioneer saturn,

but in seriousness its a good deck just no cd player, but honestly those who use ipod all the time can probably chime in and not be able to tell you the last time they even put a cd in their decks

I have it and love it...ands its a big improvement on the previous years model. I haven't used CD's in about two years now (had a cd player/ipod deck about 6 months ago)

The only gripe I have with it is that the Pre-outs are 2V but even then I don't think they hit that.

That's right, I have an 80gb Ipod and a 9887. I haven't used the cd player since. I hate carrying cd's now that I have an Ipod. Cd's are a hassle compared to an Ipod IMO.

my only complaint with the x100 is that on occasion it locks up my iPod. i won't notice it until i turn on the x100 and it shows a error message, then i have to manually reset my ipod to continue
I haven't had this problem...maybe only with some iPods. I have the 30GB Gen 5? (Maybe 4)

i have the 80gb ipod classic. when i say locked up the ipod is just "stuck" and won't respond to any input until i hold the menu and center button to reset it. as i posted above, i don't notice when the ipod is locked up -- i'll turn on the x100 and it will give me an error message, then i'll check the ipod and find it stuck

this doesn't happen often, just at annoying times

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.