alpine HU screen

i3abyjay25
10+ year member

Get F'n Loud
lastnigh i was at my shop when some guy came by wanting t know if i knew how to get his screen to play where it doesnt have to be on w/ the E Brake up,, i told him to just reground that wire to another ground source..it said he did that but said it still isnt working that way.. it will work if he connect it to the E Brake, crank the car, push in the brake,( which i m dont understand this, unless if theirs another wire grounded to the brake)then regrounds the E Brake to another source.. he then can watch it w/out the Ebrake up??

What am i missin here? is their a 2nd ground wire that needs regrounded? i havent looked at it, just told him about how t do it? i think he said BB hooked it up..

yeah, thats how mine works as well, but hiw doesnt.. he grounded the Ebrake ground wire to his main ground.. and its still isnt working.. he said thats they ran 2 wires to the e brake.. if so, doesnt he just ground both wires t his main ground source and why would they run 2 wires? if they did??

there is two wires, a ground (ebrake) and a + (footbreak) instead of hooking them up properly, hook the + wire up to constant 12v and break it with a toggle switch, then do the same with the ground, then you mimick the action of of the foot and hand break using the switches, so when the toggle switch for the ground is up it is like the e brake being on.....

why would you want to use your monitor while your driving, dont you realize those crazy contraptions are distracting to a driver? j/k

Originally posted by taylor there is two wires, a ground (ebrake) and a + (footbreak) instead of hooking them up properly, hook the + wire up to constant 12v and break it with a toggle switch, then do the same with the ground, then you mimick the action of of the foot and hand break using the switches, so when the toggle switch for the ground is up it is like the e brake being on.....
ok, so their is 2 wires,. it makes more since t me now.. do i have to use a toggle switch.. i cant just constantly ground the ground and run the other to 12volt wire to another 12 volt wire? can i run the ebrake ground to the HU ground wire and the ft brake +12volt (how is this a + and not -) to the Hus 12 volt?

if i cant.. can i do it jus like that, then run them both to the toggle switchs? 2 switchs or just 1?

no you have to use switches to mimick the footbreak and handbreak action, 2 switches, doesn't matter where you take the + or - from.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.