Alpine HU question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Have a Alpine o/s 7995 which I recently bought which is hooked up to a Massive Audio NX5 5ch amp. The problem I'm having is the sub level +15 on the HU doesn't work. I had another Alpine different model # same problem. This is in my '92 s10 blazer. I also have same brand 9835 in my Tahoe...on that one, works great. I have tried fiddling around with it, tried this/that and still nothing. What could the problem be?

tried reseting the unit? that's the first thing I always try.... does it let you go all the way upto 14? then wont goto 15? have you tried with a remote or anything>?

Are you sure your subwoofer amplifier is connected to the subwoofer line outs and not the rear or front line outs?
Yup. Hooked it up myself carefully. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to go back and check. I just find this very odd. Tried resetting my hu and still nothing. Wonder if something went out in the HU that the previous owner "clipped" or burned out or whatever. But everything else works great.

Only thing I can think of is set you crossover on your amp all the way up so you can configure it from your head unit. At least that works for me.
That's totally separate from each other. Crossover from the amp has nothing to do with the sub output level on the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.