alpine hu keeps blowing fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrmex
10+ year member

colorado
Got another stereo problem so i came back here because i always get great advice.

I have a used alpine cda-7892 im putting in my cruiser, it came out of an exact vehicle that i bought. I am using the same harness that it came with just changed a couple wiring for speakers as the past setup was for use with amps, i will be using hu speaker output.

Installed the hu starts up then blows the fuse within a couple seconds. bench tested it with my dc power supply and it powers up fine and stays on fine.

What do i need to check for? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

TIA

I just tried it again to narrower things down, didnt hook up any amps..just harness and antenna. It powered up and when i tried to put it in a cd it took the disc about half way then popped again....please advise

it is probably blowing because the fuse that it has is rated for the OEM HU. That Hu draws more then the OEM does. I had to up my fuse on my truck to not get it to blow. IT may not be that because I actualy had to turn it up to blow the fuse but you OEM HU may jsut have been week. Be careful with uping the fuse rating tough... the wire may not be able to take the amperage.

i noticed the wire harness from my old pioneer had a 10 amp inline fuse but the alpines has a 15a. So i upgraded to a 15a in my vehicles fuse block and so far so good.

Is this common practice to upgrade to fuse a bit for a new HU?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.