Alpine CDE-7897 Replacement Head

Participant count
  • Participant list

DesertMax

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all, I got my money's worth and more! This old warhorse 7897 was purchased and installed new in 1997 and it only just had a problem now in 2021. I'm pretty sure the head still works but predictably, the mech that opens and closes the face sort of died. So now it is stuck in the closed position.
It did get really sensitive at the end there and start to skip on some cd's so I'm going to replace it and that is my quandary here today.
Of course, I'll buy Alpine again but which model?

I have 2 JL 10's subs, a 12 disc changer, and a huge Alpine Power Amp behind the seat in my truck.
So far, I like the Alpine CDE -75 BT. I do not know this technology. Will it do what I need?
The rear looks right except the old unit has hard-wired pigtails with the RCA females and now they have the usual RCA f inputs with no wires hanging out. Also, I do not know what the hard-wired, small gray box is?
The pin socket has 16 pins, 2 rows of 7 and then a slight space, and then the last pair. Any assistance dearly appreciated.

Attachments

• CDE-7897 02.jpg
    CDE-7897 02.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 76
  • CDE-7897 01.jpg
    CDE-7897 01.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 75
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.