Alpine CDE-172BT

Participant count
  • Participant list
That’s what I am hoping and the 175 takes care of this issue. If not it has to be that I am running an iPhone 11. Not sure if the 172 and 175 is compatible. But it connects and plays music. And like I said I can hear the caller but they can’t hear me

Alpine has really gone down in quality the last couple years like most companies in the head unit department. Pioneer and Kenwood still seem to be the same trustworthy head units they have produced for years. Still thinking of switching out my Pioneer DEH-80PRS for a full size Kenwood in the summer but with temps like we are going to have starting Sat night with temps at night below zero and -30 wind chills and highs in the single digits starting Sunday I am kinda leery of doing it with a touchscreen in that cold of weather.

Alpine has really gone down in quality the last couple years like most companies in the head unit department. Pioneer and Kenwood still seem to be the same trustworthy head units they have produced for years. Still thinking of switching out my Pioneer DEH-80PRS for a full size Kenwood in the summer but with temps like we are going to have starting Sat night with temps at night below zero and -30 wind chills and highs in the single digits starting Sunday I am kinda leery of doing it with a touchscreen in that cold of weather.
Though we don't have consistent temps that low in Ohio, it's not uncommon to see double digit negatives in the winter. I've had touchscreens since like 2013 and cold has never caused me any issue with them.

Well this has been a very warm winter which has ******. But normally in Jan/Feb we see those kinds of temps all the time. With normal highs in the teens during the day with wind chills below zero. I have even used the snow blower in 0 degree weather with -40 wind chills when we got hit with 10 inches that night before. Used to go snowmobiling at 0 degrees as well. You still ended up sweating your ass off from all the work you do.

Yeah I am kinda concerned about it cracking and knowing my luck it would happen exactly 1 day after the warranty was up!

I have had multiple Alpine headunits and never had an issue out of them but would not buy them these days. They aren't what they used to be sadly.
Yeah it's borderline embarassing how bad they have fallen.

There standard $200 single din headunit has freaking 3 band EQ (which I thought was a typo but the manual confirms that it does have only 3 bands), does not have the crossovers required to run active, and doesn't have time alignment.

I can't even phantom how you can release a product for that price that is that bad ?

Well this is the headunit I decided to go with. Has a 31 band eq if you use the app. Time alignment and 4v pre-outs.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130FS722BS/Pioneer-FH-S722BS.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.