Alpine CDA-9887 Lighting

jdavis37
10+ year member

NC
Question for you regarding the lighting.. my dying CDA-9835 had nicely user customizeable lighting to match my VW Passat dash. Does the 9887 offer any customizations regarding the colors of the controls? Thx

Alpine CDA-9887 Front $399.99 Add To Cart

General

Chassis Size Code IEJ

RMS Power Output 18 watts

Peak Output 50 watts

CEA Compliant Yes

RMS Power Bandwidth 20-20kHz

Preamp Outputs 3 pair

Sub Preamp Outputs Yes

Preamp Voltage 4 volts

Display Color White

Key Button Color Blue/Red/Green/Orange

I was afraid of that! Sounds like aminor step backward from an aesthetic viewpoint but as long as the SQ is good it'll be ok. I may simply run with my 9835 til it crashes and burns but I fear it is getting closer, and in truth I could really use bluetooth in my car.

I was afraid of that! Sounds like aminor step backward from an aesthetic viewpoint but as long as the SQ is good it'll be ok. I may simply run with my 9835 til it crashes and burns but I fear it is getting closer, and in truth I could really use bluetooth in my car.
it also does not have a motorized face. How do you know the 35 is dying?

it also does not have a motorized face. How do you know the 35 is dying?
A while back, the 4 buttons on front ( illuminated ones ) began to drop the blue color on occasion. The blue would go out and I'd be left with a combination of the red and green. This only happened a few times and after a day or so, the blue would return, no issue. Lately, it has begun doing this fairly often and only after removing the faceplate and resetting it several times does it go away. I cleaned all the contacts and thought it had been fixed it but it's happening more frequently.

2 days ago I turned my car on and the Sirius channels were totally locked. None of the buttons would work. After truning it back off, I discovered the regular tuner was fine as as the CD player, but the Sirius tuner display was going wild with the channels continuously scrolling ( even though it was locked onto a single channel ). Nothing worked. Then, magically, after several turning on and offs, it is working again.

I"m going to watch it for a couple more days but just seems it is getting ready to take a nose dive!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.