Alpine cda-9886

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys I just got a new radio today kinda bought it on impulse bc I wanted a freaking radio was getting tired of stock... So I bought a alpine cda-9886 from a guy for 40 bucks.. Nothing was wrong with it and it worked great but I can't plug up an aux and I don't even know about the bluetooth but the sound quality is out of this world for that old of a radio I had pioneer x2800bs and it didn't sound this good.. Anyways I looked on ebay and saw the radio climb going for over 100 dollars does anyone know why? Is so I'll sell it LOL mine as well make a profit. But if someone knows anything about the Bluetooth it would be awesome to know Ik you can buy an adapter but Idk if it's outdated or what.

Forget w hat I said. I must be thinking of a different number

Aux def has. Might need to buy a separate cable for it.

I think for the bluetooth to work your phone has to be compatible for it.

So the bluetooth needs an adapter to?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Is there anyway you can tell me like a good price to sell it for its in pretty good condition.

Nah, I don't think so. Just has to be compatible with your phone, If I'm not mistaken.

I know there's one or two people on here with that same HU. I have no idea who it is, just seen it in their sig.

Oh i see I have a new LG v20 so Idk if it'll work I'll have to check someone said the radio is over 200 dollars now that's pretty crazy. I might have got a steal.
Yeah good HU for sure. 40 bucks is beyond a steal, as long as everything works on it. Wonder if the person was hard up for $$ or what.

My HU has bluetooth as well but I don't use it. It might require a password.....I dunno. You'll have to try it out and see.

Ok man thanks I really appreciate your help I'm gong to keep this rare beast Ive had alot of radios in the past pioneer x2800bs Jensen uv10 Sony mex5100bt but Dude i have never heard sound like this it makes my factory speakers sound freaking awesome I also read somewhere it has really nice components on the inside.. Smd components.. Anyways it said the adapter was only for voice dialing so I'm guessing it has bluetooth audio thanks for your help man going alpine forever now lol.

You bet. Alpine makes some very nice stuff....esp the older models. I'm keeping my 9835 forever. Bought it from someone on here for 300 and I still see that price on them. That should say something right there.

Ok so come to find out the bluetooth will only work with the adapter.. My question is will a bluetooth for car work with 3.5 aux I bought a cable for my radio last night for aux but can I plug up bluetooth that way?

Yeah good HU for sure. 40 bucks is beyond a steal, as long as everything works on it. Wonder if the person was hard up for $$ or what.
My HU has bluetooth as well but I don't use it. It might require a password.....I dunno. You'll have to try it out and see.
bluetooth password requirements are based on the stack overflow. If its requiring a password, should be 0000 or 1234. But items that can pair that you cant enter a password on just usually require you to accept the pairing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.