Alpine CDA-9815 or Eclipse CD8443?

I like your imagination but I Also have used kenwood, nakamichi, and pioneer units. I used kenwood amps for a while then they died after 2 years and I used the internal amps. I KNOW it was a bad Idea but I had no warranty of my amps and no cash at the time but the Pros were covered. I like almost all of the alpine rpoducts except for their head units. NO company should have a head unit that mallfunctions FIVE time for ONE consumer. that is utter crap. Eclipse, nakamichi, and Kenwood have been dependable. I like them its a personal preference because of there stunning build quality. I use an Alpine tweeter for sound reinforcement in my front stage mounted in the spot by the side mirrors to lift the sound stage higher in the front. the componets are mounted in fiber galss in the floor. I like the alpine stuff except their haed units.

Audiobahns are good subs. especially mine for SQ. The ALUM12Q with its spun aluminum ONE PIECE cone is one of the most innovative and best sounding subs on the market. DO your homework. I didn't qoute JL but just used it as a reference for you if you didnt belive me.

most kicker subs sound bad because they have weak transient reponse because of their high mass cones, and way oversized voice coils for their excursion capabilities. plus they all look stupid with jungle slashes and crap on their surrounds and their dust caps.

Originally posted by Geraldo1432 I KNOW it was a bad Idea but I had no warranty of my amps and no cash at the time but the Pros were covered.
So you knew it was a bad idea, did it anyways, and ruined your speakers, but it's Alpine's fault for making a crappy HU. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

Audiobahns are good subs. especially mine for SQ. The ALUM12Q with its spun aluminum ONE PIECE cone is one of the most innovative and best sounding subs on the market. DO your homework. I didn't qoute JL but just used it as a reference for you if you didnt belive me.
Just about any sub can sound halfway decent if installed properly, but for the money you can get a hell of a lot better sounding subwoofer than the Audiobahn. If it floats your boat though, I don't care what the hell you run. Audiobahn is known for their looks, then their SPL ability. I've never heard of an Audiobahn used in a pure SQ installation, or ever associated with SQ before.

Audiobahn drivers are covered in chrome for a reason, the masses like to buy shiny things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.