Alpine CDA-7998 or Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

Yea ,I dont think you could literally use the front or rear RCA outputs off the HU for your sub amp or it would be controled by your fader.

But the pre out on the main amp with both front and rear ran into it for highs should be live always,Right?And ok to hook another mono sub amp to.Right?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i dunno... i used to have a headunit that had only front and rear outputs... i used the rear with a y and hooked up subs too... it worked fine and sounded pretty good...

i also had a 2 channel running off the outputs off of another 2 channel and it worked fine...

Yea, everything has been working fine for going on 2 years ya know.I guess I'm just getting bored and want to play with it.(F*** it up ya know)hahaha.

No seriously I just thought it would be better to come off a pre out,rather than have it Y jacked.Like I may get more power to it, or some crazy **** like that.

personally i think you are better off Y'ing it off to the sub amps from the sub pre-out. it will work if you use the preout on the 4ch amp to run the other sub amp, but the sub control on your head unit will turn one of them up and down while the other won't. if you're concerned about voltage drop on that channel (which wouldn't really be noticeable anyways) you could always get a line driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.