Alpine 9835 users!

parvo99
10+ year member

Is there a way to disable the dimming feature? Auto mode dims it when the headlights are on, and manual mode leaves it dimmed. Am I missing something here? How can I leave it on full brightness at all times?

Also, what's with the sub preouts? I've got the sub level set to 15, and the gain on my amp cranked, and it sounds clean, but it's hardly pushing my sub to it's limits. My previous setup was a BX1500/magnum D2 hooked up to my stock stereo in my Acura TL, which has a line level stock sub output that can be tapped into. This hit HARD, and I had to keep the remote bass level around 1/8 so my stock speakers could keep up. I did a straight headunit swap, and the alpine with the sub level set to 15 would hardly move my sub even with the remote bass level set to 0db. I would think the voltage on the stock headunit wouldn't be very high. Are the preouts on alpine's really that bad? What does the volume setting need to be at to get the full 4 volts? I'm installing another amp and some JL XR's soon, but right now, my stock speaker's can't go past 20 on the volume.

Other than that, this headunit is awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. And it was only $400 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Disconnect the illumination wire from the harness, no more dimming.

As for the pre-outs, mine work perfect. Not sure what to tell you other than check and make sure you have the 'subs on' in the menu and maybe check crossover points on the headunit.

If the sound defeat feature is 'on' does that turn off the sub-level also?

Is there a way to disable the dimming through the headunit though? I leave my headlights on all the time, and at night I would like it to dim sometimes.

As for hte pre-outs. It's not that they don't work, it just seems like the voltage is a lot lower than my stock headunit....I guess the 4 volts is only at full volume. I'm sure once I have the rest of my system hooked up, everything will be fine, but with the stock speakers amped with the headunit, I can only turn it up to a max of about 20.

that 4 volts should be at all times, I swapped out the head unit in my truck for a 7894 w/44volt pre-outs and had to lower my gains a lot...

I have no trouble with volume in my pre-outs and I swapped out from an 8-volt Eclipse. All I did was the necessary gain adjustment, and they are still no where near max, or half-way for that matter.

try turning on mx feature...

MX ON 3

go to where u can change the eq and set the sub setting at 0 1 63

set the crossover setting at 0 2 80

TRY THAT

that 4 volts should be at all times, I swapped out the head unit in my truck for a 7894 w/44volt pre-outs and had to lower my gains a lot...
The pre out voltage should not be 4 volts all the time. That is a max rating(I think all manufacturers rate their pre out voltage as max or peak).

Well, I checked with a multimeter, and sure enough, playing a sine wave at full volume and sub level set to 15, it put out 4.7 volts. I guess my problem was my stock speakers would get too loud and start to distort with the volume only turned up a little more than 1/3. The sub voltage and that point was less than 1 volt...I guess I was just surprised how strong the signal was from my stock headunit.

Well, I checked with a multimeter, and sure enough, playing a sine wave at full volume and sub level set to 15, it put out 4.7 volts. I guess my problem was my stock speakers would get too loud and start to distort with the volume only turned up a little more than 1/3. The sub voltage and that point was less than 1 volt...I guess I was just surprised how strong the signal was from my stock headunit.

The peak voltage isn't the most important thing. How much of that voltage you can use before the pre outs clip hard is, imo.

Is there a way to disable the dimming feature? Auto mode dims it when the headlights are on, and manual mode leaves it dimmed. Am I missing something here? How can I leave it on full brightness at all times?
Also, what's with the sub preouts? I've got the sub level set to 15, and the gain on my amp cranked, and it sounds clean, but it's hardly pushing my sub to it's limits. My previous setup was a BX1500/magnum D2 hooked up to my stock stereo in my Acura TL, which has a line level stock sub output that can be tapped into. This hit HARD, and I had to keep the remote bass level around 1/8 so my stock speakers could keep up. I did a straight headunit swap, and the alpine with the sub level set to 15 would hardly move my sub even with the remote bass level set to 0db. I would think the voltage on the stock headunit wouldn't be very high. Are the preouts on alpine's really that bad? What does the volume setting need to be at to get the full 4 volts? I'm installing another amp and some JL XR's soon, but right now, my stock speaker's can't go past 20 on the volume.

Other than that, this headunit is awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. And it was only $400 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes I've been trying to figure this out too, does anyone know how to disable this feature through the radio?

i'm not 100% familiar w/that unit but i do know how to do it for mine 9813 so after i see his (60cents (this weekend)) i should be able to tell you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.