Alpine 9835 or Eclipse 5083?

I assume you mean the Eclipse 8053(I believe the 5083 is just an eclipse cd changer).

I own an 8053, and it is truly a great deck. Ofcourse, every eclipse I have ever owned has been great. I have owned most major brands(including an alpine), and I prefer the sound of eclipse decks to all of those.

That being said, YOU really need to demo both decks(try to demo them in a car if possible), and see what you think. The 8053 does not play mp3s(unless you purchase the eclipse commander advance piece which also adds voice command). I could not possibly care less about mp3s in the car, so that isn't a big deal to me at all.

My 8053 sounds great set flat....no tweaking the deck for hours to get it "just right." Ofcourse some people seem to enjoy spending hours tweaking their head units for some reason.

Either one is a good HU, I've switched back and fourth between a few different brands and have always switched back to Alpine. You just need to go to a store that has both and play with each one and see with one you like better. What sounds good to one person may sound bad to another.

Either one is a good HU, I've switched back and fourth between a few different brands and have always switched back to Alpine. You just need to go to a store that has both and play with each one and see with one you like better. What sounds good to one person may sound bad to another.
With a screen name of Alpine CDA 9815 I'm not surprised you stuck with Alpine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I love my Alpine 9813. I like the fact that it's highly adjustable. I did mess with the EQs quite a bit, but I must say now I have it set just right where it sounds great no matter what kind of music I play. I think it's good to have the adjustability cause everyone listens to different types of music which sounds better EQed in different ways. Plus every speaker sounds a bit different so EQs help make them to your liking. I've thought about trying out an Eclipse as my next unit, but I must say that I'm so happy with my Alpine I'll most likely stick to the old saying, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

This is a little bit of hijacking but I think it's better than creating another thread on the same idea...

What do you think sounds better...I know sound quality is usually highly opiniated but I would still like some ideas:

Nakamichi CD400 or an Alpine 9813

- Lost Cause

Nak, hands down.

Anyways, i'd ask what is your main concern in the HU. SQ??? MP3 capability??? Pretty changeable colors??? Lots of features you might not ever use, or they're too hard to figuere out??? j/w

My personal pick would be the eclipse 8053...great HU...MUCH better SQ. I mean, stock with 8v pre-out @55ohms while the alpine's are 4v @ 300ohms...so big difference there. Also, if wanted you can add balanced out to up the pre-out to 16v. If mp3 is absolutely needed, i say buy an ipod and hook it up the the auxillary. Alpine's are nice, i LOVED them...until i tried out the eclipse HU's. I mean seriously....i was die-hard alpine, i still am using a 7894 temporarily...but i'd say alpine would be a second on my list with eclipse going first. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.